Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal Teri page 10

terijr is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks randomcapitals! I am.

terijr is offline Member
    Well I am down 1 pound. I still have "carb face" but I feel a little bit better. I got lots of sleep last night and I ate primal yesterday. I still can't believe that 5 days undid 2 months of work. It is so unreal. This reality has hit me hard. There is nothing I can do to change it but just move forward.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Sorry you had one of those times - we all have them from time to time. I have found that 'just a little' ends up meaning a 'whole bunch'. Either I do without, or I go hogwild Many times the weight that you put on over those 'events' comes off pretty fast as most of it is water that has been retained. Just pick yourself up - as you are doing, and keep on going. I hope you feel better soon!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 218 lbs
    S.T. goals: stabilize hormones, JUDDD, sleep early and long
    LTG: Find my sweet spot with which foods work for me and start losing weight
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

Just take it one bite at a time ...

R3bekah is offline Senior Member
    Terri I did the same thing! Weds night through Monday I had sugar which is my trigger. I didn't have wheat but I had gluten free pasta and white potatoes. Today I think I did ok. I bet a lot of that weight is water retention. You are back at it now and you should be proud that 5 days didn't become a month!

terijr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by R3bekah View Post
    Terri I did the same thing! Weds night through Monday I had sugar which is my trigger. I didn't have wheat but I had gluten free pasta and white potatoes. Today I think I did ok. I bet a lot of that weight is water retention. You are back at it now and you should be proud that 5 days didn't become a month!
    You are so RIGHT!! R3bekah I am not the same person I was before. I am changing. It may be slow change but that's okay. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad I'm not the only one who goofs up.

terijr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coll View Post
    Sorry you had one of those times - we all have them from time to time. I have found that 'just a little' ends up meaning a 'whole bunch'. Either I do without, or I go hogwild Many times the weight that you put on over those 'events' comes off pretty fast as most of it is water that has been retained. Just pick yourself up - as you are doing, and keep on going. I hope you feel better soon!
    Thanks Coll! I can usually do just a little and be okay but I think because I was out of my routine and was inundated with so much bad stuff I failed. Oh well.

terijr is offline Member
    I feel 100% better today. I know this is crazy to weight yourself every day but I did and I'm down 5 lbs!!! Thank goodness! I'm hoping more will fall off by the end of the week. I have stayed primal so far and I'm getting much more sleep. I don't look old any more hahaha. Yesterday I had coffee for breakfast, I wasn't hungry. I had chicken and salad for lunch. For dinner I had salmon (so good), green beans, and blueberries. I did have two pieces of extra dark chocolate. I only had coffee for breakfast this morning, wasn't hungry. I'm having the salmon and salad for lunch today. Tonight I think I will fix flounder. I think I'm getting back on track.

Thanks for the encouragement, I have really needed it!

Have a great day!!!

R3bekah is offline Senior Member
    Sweet! I bet you are going to blow past your low by the end of the year!

terijr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by R3bekah View Post
    Sweet! I bet you are going to blow past your low by the end of the year!
    That's what I'm hoping for!

terijr is offline Member
    Good Morning everyone!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day! I feel so good today. I think it's the fact that I'm back to primal. You know I was thinking this morning about something that has changed. It was not a struggle to go back to primal, it felt normal to me. That has taken me a bit by surprise. For the past year I was in and out of primal. Eating unhealthy was the norm so primal was hard. Then in September I committed to primal and I have done so well overall that now primal feels like the norm. Don't get me wrong for those 5 days i wasn't hating it but I felt so bad. I have switched back to primal so easily with no desire for the things I was gorging on for those 5 days. This is real progress to me!

So I have 4 lbs to lose to get back to where I was before the episode. Oh well. My goal is to get to the 170's by the end of the month/year. That would be good. I started this year at 210 so it would be great to be in the 170's. That would be 15% down. I really wanted to be in the "overweight" BMI not "obese" but I would have to hit 169. That's 18 lbs. so no way am I going to do that. Oh well. Goals are something you strive for but are not the end all if you don't make it. You just readjust and move forward. I'm doing just fine.

Have a great day!!! Grok on! hahahaha (dancing around the room)

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast