Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: $70 to my name, a nearly empty fridge, 6 days before payday, any meal ideas? page

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member

Question $70 to my name, a nearly empty fridge, 6 days before payday, any meal ideas?

Shop Now
    The title pretty much covers it. I'm a broke hoe and I've got $70 to work with until payday with very little food in the fridge - 6 or 7 eggs, coconut oil, butter, pickles, 1/2 package of bacon (it was frozen, tastes a little "off"), and a little cheddar cheese.

In the old days I could have eaten well for $70 over 6 days - rice dishes, hamburger helper, pasta, ramen...cheap and tasty.

Primal's much more expensive, fuck.

Any meal ideas to tide me over for the next 6 days that involves what I already have and no more than $70 in groceries from the store?
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Oh, and misc. spices and condiments and whatnot.
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Woah 70$ is plenty of money for a week. Eggs & ground beef and some veggies.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    definitely buy more eggs! like a ton. and a big ass package of the cheapest ground beef you can find and call it a day. or 6 days :P
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

How many people are you feeding?

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    +1 for eggs and ground beef. With those two items you'll be eating like a king. Burgers, Meatloaf, Taco Salad, etc...
    I grok, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Syracusedoula View Post
    How many people are you feeding?

Just me, but I'm really big with an even bigger appetite!

I could feed you on $70. My weekly grocery budget for six people is $150.

moonablaze is offline Senior Member
    $70 is totally doable. Buy eggs, eggs, more eggs, 2 chuck roasts or pork shoulders (whichever on a better sale) and more eggs. a couple onions, bag of carrots, some button mushrooms and some frozen veggies (spinach gives a lot of nutrition per lb).

slow cook the roasts with lots of onions and a couple carrots (Bay leaves and paprika if you have them, canned tomatoes if they're on sale). reserve the juices to cook mushrooms in. I've been known to make one chuck or pork shoulder last for dinner every day for a week. make eggs and veggies for breakfast and either eggs or leftover . If you have soy sauce or aminos, you can scramble eggs with that and some shredded pork and onions for a lovely one-dish meal (I used to eat this at a Hawaiian restaurant, they served it over rice but it always filled me up before I got that far)

Ollie is offline Senior Member
    With 70$ you should be fine buying a few good bits of meat + pack of bacon (as well as the eggs) until payday.

@Syracusedoula, thats a tight budget! Right now i'm on 50 a week for two. Still testing this out though, only recently began Primal.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast