Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Employers today - what is going on? page 2

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    The result is the irritation I get when I hear that "the government" is at fault, because the corporation IS THE GOVERNMENT.
    The Right has done a great job of framing the debate as being "government" vs. "free enterprise". In fact it's always been about popular control vs. elite control. Power is power, big is big. I'm supposed to feel like I live in a democracy when I've got bosses who test my pee and landlords checking to see who stays the night?

But you run into the Paulistas. It's a cult. It's a natural fit, the perfection of free markets squares with Puritanism -- we must work for Capitalism, it must not work for us.

One reason this is happening is the downfall of the Soviet Union. We got the New Deal and Social Democracy in Europe, partly in response to Capitalism's collapse in the Great Depression, but also because of the threat of Bolshevism. As that disappeared, elite-capture governments felt free to tear out the post-War social fabric.

We will all be serfs soon -- first Greeks, Portugese, Spaniards then Brits, Americans, French. You can try to beat with skills or education but the people at the top are quickly figuring out how to replace education and skills. Even lawyers can't find work now.

There's no individual, economic solution. The only solution is political and collective.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    *Sigh*
    I get tired of these threads devolving into a haters-unite meeting for people that hate conservatives. News flash- there are conservatives here. I'm one of them. We're not the demons you think we are. Now that I've outed myself as conservative, some people will immediately decide they don't like me, and that's fine. But if you read the content of my posts, you'd have a lot more to go on and might actually find out that there is common ground. A lot of it.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    She hates women!!!
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Bill View Post
    There's an easy fix to this - 1 term limit for congressmen. This only happens because we have career politicians on both sides
    My state passed term limits years ago and they got tossed out for the national positions by the Supreme Court I think.

We do have them locally but it just results in this weird position shuffle (after two terms the attorney general runs for Secretary of State, the gov runs for stormed general, Secretary of State runs for auditor etc). So the results are probably not what was hoped for.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    She hates women!!!
    Conservatives: "But who will build the drones?!"
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    There's an easy fix to this - 1 term limit for congressmen. This only happens because we have career politicians on both sides
    Thank you for this.

I've seen the employer's side of the coin. It's no picnic, especially with this Obamacare DISASTER looming over their heads. I can't tell you how many times I have had employers say, we're keeping ourselves at X number of employees because we can't afford these new regulations.

Hate the state of business and the economy, blame Obama and progressives. It's their "brilliant" ideas that got us here.

Of course you might not like the solution, but... if you don't like your job, get a different one. I don't say this willy nilly. I'm sort of in the middle of this myself. My job, while enjoyable, didn't fulfill my financial needs. Instead of complaining about the way the company operates, I decided to take my future into my own hands.

I wonder about these companies who hire more people than they need. As an investor, I'd steer clear.

I'm ambivalent. If people want term limits, fine. I might even vote for it. But I don't think it solves a thing.

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    We need this at a federal level - US Senators and US House of Representatives
    We passed it at the state level for federal positions and the courts tossed it so if you want it at the federal level we need a national bill or constitutional amendment. Good luck with that.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I saw a speech on RT by Richard Wolffe about his book Democracy at Work: A Cure for Capitalism. He talks about when Communists take over they raise a different flag over your factory and life goes on as before. His solution is to start at the bottom creating worker cooperatives like Mondragon in Spain. I have some reservations and I haven't read the book but it's an interested idea.

I think it's clear that Capitalism has at least one tire in the ditch. What comes next is anyone's guess.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast