Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I made the best cauliflower "rice" ever...

I think I made the best cauliflower "rice" ever...

Shop Now
    I loved the idea of cauliflower rice, but it never really came out tasting too great. After a lot of tweaking, I've now got an amazing recipe that I will happily eat by the bowlful, as will my non-paleo fiancé! It's part of a recipe for an awesome paleo curry, so I recommend that too. Here ya go! Pukka Paleo - Paleo indian curry and the BEST cauliflower rice

What's not paleo about most Indian currys? Spice herbs coconut meat ??

Anyway made cauli rice Sunday too very impressed.
    I blitzed first then sautéed onion garlic with tbsp butter then added cauli rice , medium heat 3-4 mins then added few tbsp of water then steamed with lid on for few minutes.
    To make it more Indian I would of added cloves cinnamon cardamon cumin for a pilau blend .
    Would of thought eggs would make it too moist & wet ?

From London England UK

It looks awesome. Surprisingly, the rice is so white that looks like you didn't add the yolks although you clearly did.

This is getting made.

The egg gets fried, so it doesn't make it wet at all. In fact, it makes it less wet and better separated :-)

You can try adding raisins too works well here!
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

How many does the recipe feed, four?
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

the rice is so white that looks like you didn't add the yolks although you clearly did.

@Nigel here one cauli head is fine for two-three people Depends on the size..
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by primalbetty View Post
    I loved the idea of cauliflower rice, but it never really came out tasting too great. After a lot of tweaking, I've now got an amazing recipe that I will happily eat by the bowlful, as will my non-paleo fiancé! It's part of a recipe for an awesome paleo curry, so I recommend that too. Here ya go! Pukka Paleo - Paleo indian curry and the BEST cauliflower rice
    I'm going to have to try this recipe out, saw the pics, and it looks delicious.
    223 Delicious & Healthy Paleo Recipes:

Get them here.