Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: headaches after meals during transition to primal? page

kalewoman is offline Member

headaches after meals during transition to primal?

I'm new to the Primal lifestyle, and have been getting headaches after I eat. They're not debilitating, but they do last for about three hours. Makes me not too eager for my next meal, heh. I know headaches and other stuff are normal symptoms as one transitions to this diet, for 2-3 weeks. But I wonder if anyone else experienced this particular pattern of headaches when first going Primal. I think I'm just hoping for reassurance that this is temporary. I've only been at it four days. Experiencing lots of happy benefits, though, so far, and am very excited and hopeful!

Thanks in advance. :-)

Shauna

Griff is offline Senior Member
    This is the low-carb flu. Your body's complaining about not getting its smack, er, carbs. It will eventually go away and the lower your carbs the faster it goes away. Go zero-carb for a few days if you can while your body is kicking the habit.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

in the same boat, I'm bout 2 weeks in. pretty sure its just our bodies adjusting to lower blood sugar. wouldn't be too concerned

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
    Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
    With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
    Let me forget about today until tomorrow

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
    MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

kalewoman is offline Member
    Thanks, both of you. Much appreciated. I feel better now. :-)

mug2k is offline Member
    Thank God (figure of speech) for this thread, I been getting pretty bad headaches for last few days since I started to eat primal(y). Its good to know that they will subside once I've completed the transitional period.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Make sure you're hydrated too... no science just drink your water, tea, etc.

mug2k is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Make sure you're hydrated too... no science just drink your water, tea, etc.
    I drink plenty of liquids, tea, protein shakes and water etc. I've been meaning to ask, is it ok to have milk and sugar in my tea ?. Being British I'd be loosing a part of my identity if I gave up tea

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Milk is a toss-up for people. I'm currently not including dairy in my diet but never had an issue with it. I'm not sure how much milk Brits put in their milk, but I LOVE tea and milk. Sugar I don't touch at all, and it's not too tough to wean yourself off it if you go at it slowly. I'm not sure how coconut milk and tea would jive but you could experiment with that. I would scale back on sugar, but if you don't have any autoimmune diseases or inflammation issues I don't personally see the harm with keeping milk around. Someone's going to come here and tell you to ditch it though, hardcore paleos don't do milk.

Damn you now I want some tea with cream.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I'm a Brit, too and somehow I have managed to transition to tea with coconut milk. Tea with double cream is fine, if dairy works for you, but you definitely want to give up the sugar!

mug2k is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Milk is a toss-up for people. I'm currently not including dairy in my diet but never had an issue with it. I'm not sure how much milk Brits put in their milk, but I LOVE tea and milk. Sugar I don't touch at all, and it's not too tough to wean yourself off it if you go at it slowly. I'm not sure how coconut milk and tea would jive but you could experiment with that. I would scale back on sugar, but if you don't have any autoimmune diseases or inflammation issues I don't personally see the harm with keeping milk around. Someone's going to come here and tell you to ditch it though, hardcore paleos don't do milk.

Damn you now I want some tea with cream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I'm a Brit, too and somehow I have managed to transition to tea with coconut milk. Tea with double cream is fine, if dairy works for you, but you definitely want to give up the sugar!
    Damn, giving up sugar is gonna be like going cold turkey for a heroin addict.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast