Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many servings of veggies do you have a day, and which ones are your fav page 3

Cookie` Guest
    canned boiled carrots
    barfing.gif

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    I don't eat much veggies... And the small amount of veggies I eat are cooked or fermented.

I eat tons of fruits on carb up/workout days since I no longer eat starches regularly.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Just had a BAS today. Mine are bigger than normal. Used like equivalent of 8 servings of veggies in it along with like a handful of nuts a handful of seeds ....6-8 tablespoons of olive oil, two raw egg yolks and 8 oz of salmon. Darn good if I do say so myself.

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    A lot of veggies for me. Every day.

First thing in the morning is a glass of juice. I throw in some celery, a cucumber, a carrot, a piece of ginger, some kale, some spinach, one small beetroot, an apple and a pear. Nothing beats this recipe!
    Fruits until noon.
    Lunch (usually after lunch time gymming) is baked potato + cooked vegetable curry.
    2 or 3 raw carrots and cucumbers with some peanut butter for snack. This is a beautiful combination, you have to try. Just dip the carrot of cucumber in a peanut butter jar and eat.
    Dinner is again baked potato or sometimes rice with vegetables.

My wife makes yummy vegetable dishes, mostly indian style, with a lot of spices.
    Few but ripe.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I start the day with eggs and veges - usually mushroom and silverbeet, but sometimes leftover anything - cauli, carrot, potato, onion.

Dinner is meat and veges. My favourites are pumpkin and cauliflower but I will eat anything - parsnip, kumara, broccoli, leeks, beans, peas (I know, they're legumes).

A summer favourite is cucumber and I do like capsicum and celery. I also will eat lettuce, zucchini and tomato though I'm not a huge fan of them.

Lunch is the least likely meal to have veges unless I have leftovers or a vege soup in which case they are the same veges as above.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123