Thread: Will adding a parallettes program to LHT+sprints lead to overtraining? page

NothingLasts is offline Member

Will adding a parallettes program to LHT+sprints lead to overtraining?

Primal Fuel
    I just bought a pair of parallettes and am looking to begin a gymnastics program: Parallette Training: Parallettes One

Can I do this on top of my twice a week LHT sessions (half hour bodyweight only) and once weekly tabata sprints (5 minute sessions)
    This particular program focuses heavily on upper body and runs three times a week for about one hour per day

What do you guys think? I'm 25, in decent shape and am very excited about pursuing gymnastics but I don't want to stop training PBF style

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    You'll be fine. If you feel you're not being fine, stop.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

NothingLasts is offline Member
    I think i'm going to put the LHT workouts on hold for a while as I focus on parallettes. I actually emailed the GMB team; Andy replied with this, which seems to make a lot of sense:

Hey Victor - glad you're excited about P1. I think it's going to be great for you.
    From the looks of what you outlined, here's what I'd do:
    - Prioritize P1 workouts. They will be more difficult and take the most energy.
    - You can continue doing pull-ups if you want, but save them for after your P1 work.
    - Ditch the extra push-ups.
    - You're welcome to do squats, but the Leg Module might be more interesting.
    - Keep doing the weekly sprint sessions.

The biggest thing is not to double up on stuff that P1 has by adding the less-sophisticated versions in the basic bodyweight routine (nothing wrong with it - it just takes less skill).

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    So...the dude selling you a program and equipment said that the program and equipment being sold to you are superior?

Weird.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Zach is offline Banned
    You can do bodyweight work all day everyday.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    So...the dude selling you a program and equipment said that the program and equipment being sold to you are superior?

Weird.

Sent via F-22 Raptor
    Totally lol'd

bcbcbc2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NothingLasts View Post
    I think i'm going to put the LHT workouts on hold for a while as I focus on parallettes. I actually emailed the GMB team; Andy replied with this, which seems to make a lot of sense:

Hey Victor - glad you're excited about P1. I think it's going to be great for you.
    From the looks of what you outlined, here's what I'd do:
    - Prioritize P1 workouts. They will be more difficult and take the most energy.
    - You can continue doing pull-ups if you want, but save them for after your P1 work.
    - Ditch the extra push-ups.
    - You're welcome to do squats, but the Leg Module might be more interesting.
    - Keep doing the weekly sprint sessions.

The biggest thing is not to double up on stuff that P1 has by adding the less-sophisticated versions in the basic bodyweight routine (nothing wrong with it - it just takes less skill).
    sounds perfectly logical to me given your own prioritization

I would definitely keep the pull ups though. Sounds like p1 solo is begging for imbalances

bcbcbc2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    You can do bodyweight work all day everyday.
    You can do deads and benches every day if they're at a light resistance for you.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbcbc2 View Post
    You can do deads and benches every day if they're at a light resistance for you.
    You can do them heavy everyday too if your not a sally.