Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: making it work in daily life page 3

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    dressing with olive oil, balsamic and umeboshi paste
    Mmm, that sounds intriguing. What does umeboshi paste taste like?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Themike is offline Junior Member
    Whenever I find myself in a pinch without a better solution I look for a real Mexican restaurant or a Chipotle. They are both paleo friendly-ish fast food options. I also order pre-made paleo meals every other week from Pete's Paleo. He's local for me but he just started shipping nationwide.

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    First thing I did was throw out the idea that there are "breakfast" foods and other foods. It's all dinner food all the time for me.
    How on earth did you get your stomach to cooperate? Mine is still grumpy from eating 4 banana's in a week on the early morning. I tried to eat an omelet I made yesterday for breakfast this morning but I couldn't finish it

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Basically, you adapt.

Eat as much omelette as you want. It might not be much, but it might be enough for your medication, and you can eat more later.

Mis-behave is offline Member
    I have bacon and tomato, with bits of salad stuff for breakfast.. I get up early to cook breakfast for 3 adults (inc me) and 2 kids who all eat eggs, bacon, and tinned beans no bread for kids .. I had to start my day earlier because of going primal.. Now I just go to bed earlier - most of the time..

Dinner I make stews - cook in oven for 2-3 hours or in crock pot.. Or just meat and veg/ salad - a chicken cooks in an hour .. Put it in the oven when u get up and cooked before you know it.

The breakfast frittata are great eggs veg etc in a muffin tin - can be frozen - reheat - yummy and is a small portion.. Or if u can't eat that early put in your bag and eat it once at work?

paleodutch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarielleGO View Post
    Paleodutch, where do you buy coconut flour? I thought I had the right thing but it appears it were just very fine flakes...
    Biologische/natuurvoeding winkel or Toko. In the Hague there is a store called ekoplaza that might have it or estafette (www.estafette.nl).

Just found a Dutch paleo website www.paleo.nl with some advise on where to purchase food and recipes.

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    We had an Estafette just around the corner but it closed last week... so annoying... however I know there is one in Delft...
    I'll try to find Ekoplaza....

Have you ever been to Marqt in the city? I was wondering if that was worth visiting.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I cook all meals and pack lunches for 3 people. I just think about it as blocks. Protein item, vegetables, fruit. For myself, I bring a carton of eggs and egg whites and a few cans of sardines in the office every week, then bring in veggies daily & build my meals from that. We have a freezer, which we load with a cow and a pig in the fall, and a lamb in the spring, some intermittent chickens, turkeys, salmon in season. I stay on top of thowing meats. When I don't have time to cook supper, I throw a pound of shrimp into hot water. I buy a pack of clean hot dogs just in case. And make lots of big pot soups or slow cooker stews. ground meats make quick meatzas and meatballs/burgeres. Local fresh sausages are handy sometimes. Roasting a whole chicken or fish is quick too.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Mmm, that sounds intriguing. What does umeboshi paste taste like?
    Salty and it acts like a thickener. Works just as well as mustard but without the mustard flavor. Sometimes I use mustard, sometimes umeboshi.

paleodutch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarielleGO View Post
    We had an Estafette just around the corner but it closed last week... so annoying... however I know there is one in Delft...
    I'll try to find Ekoplaza....

Have you ever been to Marqt in the city? I was wondering if that was worth visiting.
    I live in Ede, so I don't know how the market in the Hague is

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast