Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zero Carbs = Fast Weight Loss ? page

sammerb is offline Member

Smile Zero Carbs = Fast Weight Loss ?

Hello all!

So I've been primal for a year, but only recently really getting into gear with weight loss. So far I'm down 10 pounds woohoo, but I still have a bit to go. I lost it by eating 20-50g of carbs over the past 4 weeks.

BUT here's the deal, I'm going away in a little over two weeks, and I want to feel comfortable in my t-shirts and summer clothing.

I'm lifting heavy things, and sprinting a few time a week, getting good sleep.

But I really want to revvvv up my fat loss! I'm considering going zero carb for a few weeks to ensure that I'm happy with the way I look when I go away. Any thoughts on this? Any body try it?

I know Jimmy Moore (from livin la vida lowcarb) went on an "egg fast" (w/ lots of butter and cheese of course) for a month, and he lost about a pound a day. I'm not expecting those kind crazy results, but I'm looking for that extra something, and I'm wondering if zero carb for a little bit is it?

Oh and, I'm 5'5 and 150lbs.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I'm not much of a weight loss expert (130 pounds to 140 since starting PB/paleo) but I recently listened to Jimmy's interview with Dr. Ron Rosdale and was pretty blown away by his comprehensive approach. Definitely give it a listen before making up your mind as to your course of action.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    I'm zero carb and honestly the weight isn't coming off as fast as I'd like... so I'd say no, not really.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Roach is offline Senior Member
    Going zero carb just might get you where you want to be. Only one way to find out. Enjoy!

There's a funny thing about "getting where you want to be" though. I've often found that when I get there, all of a sudden I want to be somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    Going zero carb just might get you where you want to be. Only one way to find out. Enjoy!

There's a funny thing about "getting where you want to be" though. I've often found that when I get there, all of a sudden I want to be somewhere else.
    ha! very true! although i've been wanting to reach a certain goal for a while now, so to be honest, i'm excited at the prospect of finally being able to obtain it. and i can't wait find out what i'll want for my body and health next!

listened to it today, very interesting interview!!!

TCOHTom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rphlslv View Post
    I'm zero carb and honestly the weight isn't coming off as fast as I'd like... so I'd say no, not really.
    But did the weight come off fairly quickly at first? In my experience, it did, then bottomed out for some time. I listened to the Rosedale interview as well and wondered about that 'moderate' protein recommendation. He's at 1 gram of protein per kilo of LBM.

On average, you want to have approximately one gram of protein for every kilogram of lean body mass (that is, the weight of your body minus the fat). The easiest way to calculate your daily protein requirement is to take your ideal weight in kilograms (that is, what you would like to weigh if you could weigh anything) and have roughly a gram of protein per kilogram.
    <--from his site

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TCOHTom View Post
    But did the weight come off fairly quickly at first? In my experience, it did, then bottomed out for some time. I listened to the Rosedale interview as well and wondered about that 'moderate' protein recommendation. He's at 1 gram of protein per kilo of LBM.
    Yeah, it did, then it stopped. I was also at 1 gram of protein per kilo of BW.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    If zero carb has stopped working, then playing with intermittent fasting may be the next step for you.

edit: I am dense today and can't read. Sammerb, you might want to throw IFing in there as well just for kicks.
    Last edited by Grumpycakes; 06-05-2010 at 06:42 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalchild View Post
    If zero carb has stopped working, then playing with intermittent fasting may be the next step for you.

edit: I am dense today and can't read. Sammerb, you might want to throw IFing in there as well just for kicks.
    Will do!!! I'm excited, zero carb begins tomorrow! I'm going to keep this thread updated!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast