Thread: TDEE for LeanGains? page

john_solo is offline Senior Member

TDEE for LeanGains?

When using calculators to determine your daily caloric needs most ask you to put in a gauge of physical activity. I lift three times a week and so I put in 'moderately active' which gives me a TDEE of ~2700 cals (6'2", 215). Does that sound about right? I am re-calculating LeanGains macros to get over a stall and don't want to over eat.

Thanks!

monkspeed is offline Member
    If you use tdee calculators they will recommended a high value because they are using conventional wisdom for their calculations.

The carbohydrates push up the calories too high. I'm assuming you are here because you are following the primal blueprint, which doesn't have the same ridiculously high calorie values.

Main importance is to keep carbs to 50-75g (depending on your goals) protein should equal 0.6 - 0.8 grams per lb of bodyweight, and use lots of fat to keep you full and energised. You will find you will naturally use less total calories than. With a CW diet loaded with carbs.

My PB & Workout Log

Uselis is offline Senior Member
    Dont get me wrong, just curious why you pick exactly 50 -75g range?

Thanks

monkspeed is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good question. I myself don't eat carbohydrates any more, only fruit and vegetables. Depending on how much fruit & salad I eat that day can push my carb intake up to 75 ish. But I am just anti-refined carb in every way now, following Mark's advice, and from books I have read (fibre menance, diet delusion), hence the low carb suggestion.

I would advise the OP to get the bulk of his calories from meat and fat, he will probably find he will not be able to consume as much calories as suggested from the tdee calculators.

EDIT: actually there is good evidence that actually we can function just great on just a meat and fat diet without any carbs at all, but I personally like a bit of salad and fruit.

My PB & Workout Log
    Last edited by monkspeed; 09-21-2013 at 12:06 AM.