Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some arm/bicep pain while squatting page 2

StupidFatHobbit is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
    There are some funny videos on Youtube where guys try to put the bar back on the pins while on their tiptoes .
    I've been guilty of that one, too...

I am going to try putting some rubber mats under the rack and if that doesn't work then I'll make something out of plywood, b/c he next rung down on the rack is way too low.

Hmmm...Seems like this is a more common problem than I realized:

Low bar - bicep tendonitis

Squatting Arm Pain

I'm going to see if I can make the upper back tighter and raise the bar position slightly next time I squat. My arm is thanking me for skipping them today. I was still able to do the BP and DL without too much discomfort.

I though I had this solved but I wasn't paying attention and had one sloppy re-racking yesterday. Pain came back right after that. It wasn't as bad as previously, thankfully. I may have to lay off the squats for a bit longer than one workout.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StupidFatHobbit View Post
    I've been guilty of that one, too...

I am going to try putting some rubber mats under the rack and if that doesn't work then I'll make something out of plywood, b/c he next rung down on the rack is way too low.
    Too low really isn't the same kind of problem as too high. Put it a notch lower.

Thanks. I tried this today and I think it helped. It allows me to get my back in a tighter position. The pain still came back but not as bad. I limited myself to 1x5. I am going to have to force myself to drop squats for two workouts at least and hope it heals up 100%.

I read on the SS forums that a lot of guys with smaller arms ran into this same issue.

Thanks. I tried this today and I think it helped. It allows me to get my back in a tighter position. The pain still came back but not as bad. I limited myself to 1x5. I am going to have to force myself to drop squats for two workouts at least and hope it heals up 100%.

I read on the SS forums that a lot of guys with smaller arms ran into this same issue.
    Yeah, I'm one of them. Keep those elbows up and the upper back tight from the moment you get under the bar to the moment you put it back down. It's easier said than done. Have someone help remind you if you can. As Mark Rippetoe said, "Poor technique in the gym is caused by insufficient yelling"

Hahaha...do you think doing bicep curls (in the squat rack of course) would help strengthen those tendons?

Hahaha...do you think doing bicep curls (in the squat rack of course) would help strengthen those tendons?
    They make me feel better after failing to keep my elbows up, but aren't a substitute for proper form on squats.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12