Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darn Subcutaneous Fat......solutions? page

fkjr2 is offline Senior Member

Angry Darn Subcutaneous Fat......solutions?

Primal Fuel
    So I am primal 4-5 days and practice LeanGains and Intermittent Fasting (I start eating around 5pm) for the other 2-3 days per week. LG's has you increase starchy carbs on lift days (post workout) and increase fat on rest days.

I am fairly lean but have that dreaded "4 pack" !

I want to lose the lower front Subcutaneous fat to reveal my abs. (frontal abs, around belly button)
    My upper abs are tight as a drum but the area around the belly button is "pinchable" word?

I hit the weights hard implementing Reverse Pyramid Training with compound lifts as detailed by Lean Gains and IF with a slight caloric surplus per week. Some weeks are at or slightly below maintenance as well. I also do light walking in the am (fasted) for 30-40 mins.

Any tips for my goal?

MY STATS:
    41 years old
    155 lbs
    5'9"

Thanks in advance..

Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    I'm 5'9" and 154, i think i'm in a similar position but the fat loss has slowed right down the last few months, so i'm just waiting it out. How long you been in this position?

Oh boy
    Probably like 12 months or so

i think it's gonna come down to really dialling in the macros.

I'm hovering on the border of that. the rest of my fat loss has been fairly typically primally 'easy'. I feel like to get the next couple of BF% points down i'm gonna have to pay closer attention to intake, but i really don't want to, i like the hands-off approach

Yes. I was going to try skipping a few carb refeeds after lifting this week coming up and see if that helps?

Maybe I'm having too many carbs on lift days.

I don't know. i don't eat different on lift days than any other day. Although i do get hungrier/eat more in the following few days

Fossman is offline Member
    when you say you are primal 4-5 days does that mean you are eating non-primal foods on the other days? just wanted to clarify. Are you sprinting? if not try throwing in a sprint session once a week and see how that helps.

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you should focus on building lean mass like muscles ? Subcutaneous fat, as far as I know, is actually not a bad thing unless you carry too much for comfort or vanity. Building lean mass will definitely improve the look.

Quote Originally Posted by FossTheBoss12 View Post
    when you say you are primal 4-5 days does that mean you are eating non-primal foods on the other days? just wanted to clarify. Are you sprinting? if not try throwing in a sprint session once a week and see how that helps.
    I eat more carbs on lift days like 200-300 grams worth and low on the other days.

I'm lifting hard with a 5x5 type routine so I'm not wanting to add too much cardio. However I do am fasted medium walk for inclines between 30-40 mins.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    Maybe you should focus on building lean mass like muscles ? Subcutaneous fat, as far as I know, is actually not a bad thing unless you carry too much for comfort or vanity. Building lean mass will definitely improve the look.
    I am focusing on that. That's never changed. My entire routine has always revolved around heavy compound lifting 3-4 times per week.

I'm quite muscular expect for the lower ab region.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast