Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray peat's explanation of gelatin and effect on lipolysis. Clarify please page 6

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikiperpie View Post
    I can only apologise. I had no idea what I was getting into. A little information is a dangerous thing.
    lmao.... I don't think its even become anything like that (yet). Mostly we can't argue against the gelatin. Its the least controversial of the Peat recs. So eat up. Its not going to impede weight loss.

Kikiperpie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Damn you Knife! Making ray ray look good

OMG... is that mat stone near the bottom of that image with his head shaved? Receding hairline and all
    Which one are you knife, tell me you're the one on the white tee shirt, swoon! Lol
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Which one are you knife, tell me you're the one on the white tee shirt, swoon! Lol
    He's the shirtless one with a boulder on his head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    I can only apologise. I had no idea what I was getting into. A little information is a dangerous thing.
    Apology not needed. It is just how this forum rolls.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Meanwhile, I googled my own username and among other things found two pictures of Mr. Anthony doing handstands, various pictures from my journal (including a screenshot of arguing with oceangrl, oi, sorry about that) and this little gem from 2004 some photographer took of one of my first stencils back in my old street art days. I haven't seen any of that stuff in years.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Like Zach said you can have it with any liquids. I have been thinking of just taking a spoonful of it. Has anyone on this board consumed it this way? I normally at it to soups, stews, smoothies and of course coffee. I have the Great Lakes brand gelatin.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Kikiperpie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Apology not needed. It is just how this forum rolls.

Surely that's just how this forum trolls? Not wishing to make enemies but some member's vitriol precedes them. If you are vitriol free dear poster then obviously I don't mean you. It takes different strokes for different folks.
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    I just googled imaged "ray peat" and look who showed up on the first page: KNIFEGILL

Hilarious! Its because he has Ray Peat in his sig so everytime he posts he is doing his part to further Rays google trend.

Also cool when i searched, a pic of David lynch from a post of Derps.

Neck, yea thats totally Stone. Dont know if his high everything diet is working exactly how he hoped.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    the way for fat mass to be lost is through beta-oxidation to co2, if you oxidize more fatty acids than you take in, you lose fat. Lipolysis creates excessive NEFA by design, so it's not responsible for fat loss.

Ray is pointing out that gelatin can stop lipolysis from creating excessive NEFA
    But surely the only way to lose fat is by burning the NEFA released by lipolysis. If eating gelatin inhibits this then it inhibits fat loss.

Not that I'm in any way against eating gelatin as part of a whole foods diet. Cooking lamb shanks for dinner tonight
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    Meanwhile, I googled my own username and among other things found two pictures of Mr. Anthony doing handstands, various pictures from my journal (including a screenshot of arguing with oceangrl, oi, sorry about that) and this little gem from 2004 some photographer took of one of my first stencils back in my old street art days. I haven't seen any of that stuff in years.

Omg..off to google me now. No more arguing. Deal? I do find it funny that it will go down in Google history.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast