Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray peat's explanation of gelatin and effect on lipolysis. Clarify please page 5

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    It's clear, you need three ionized glucose molecules for every oxidized retrograde particulate, so you need to drink more Sunny-D after you wake up but before you apply the douche. Otherwise you can't liberate the 3 mitochondrial DNA fully, and the resultant partially liberated DNA will cause hypertrophy of the ass.
    This also made me LOL.

Far as I'm concerned gelatin is totally cool. I don't even have to read Peat to come to that conclusion. Which is good . I like the evolutionary medicine perspective. In that respect if you are a muscle meat fan then you best supplement, but supplementation could be a double edge sword if your not getting enough calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus for instance. If you eat head to tail and ingest bone broth regularly then your golden.

Far as Peat is concerned, dude is a mad scientist. I don't trust anybody.... so that could be my problem. Its been said Peat is a free thinker .....so if you have been indoctrinated in our current understandings mayhap you just can't reconcile what you know with what he is saying/proposing. Totally plausible I guess. I've been "brain washed" in our current understandings for over 8 years so I guess its really tough for me to wrap my mind round his ideas. No matter, I like the model I'm working under and its getting splendid results at this time...If I ever run across a situation where it is not, then at least I have read up on some alternative theories.

moluv is offline Senior Member
    I just googled imaged "ray peat" and look who showed up on the first page: KNIFEGILL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikiperpie View Post
    Obviously red wine and gelatin are not a good combo.
    The chef on some British show just used the gelatin i think to make a red wine fruit jelly thing so go for it! (British people seem to like things jellied).

Also now I'm thinking about the time my great aunt served chicken jello and everyone looked on with horror and retold the story for 30 years.

Kikiperpie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    This also made me LOL.

Far as I'm concerned gelatin is totally cool. I don't even have to read Peat to come to that conclusion. Which is good . I like the evolutionary medicine perspective. In that respect if you are a muscle meat fan then you best supplement, but supplementation could be a double edge sword if your not getting enough calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus for instance. If you eat head to tail and ingest bone broth regularly then your golden.

Far as Peat is concerned, dude is a mad scientist. I don't trust anybody.... so that could be my problem. Its been said Peat is a free thinker .....so if you have been indoctrinated in our current understandings mayhap you just can't reconcile what you know with what he is saying/proposing. Totally plausible I guess. I've been "brain washed" in our current understandings for over 8 years so I guess its really tough for me to wrap my mind round his ideas. No matter, I like the model I'm working under and its getting splendid results at this time...If I ever run across a situation where it is not, then at least I have read up on some alternative theories.
    Ooh, best make it clear I'm not a ray peat fan. Just ran across this article. I totally think gelatin sounds fab but wondered if his argument, whilst citing benefits, precluded weight loss.
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Good lord..now this is yet another Peat vs VLC discussion? Please stop. We can all figure out what works for us without the fighting.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    I just googled imaged "ray peat" and look who showed up on the first page: KNIFEGILL

Hmmmmm, are you anti Ray or anti Knifegill, I can't decide, lol
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Good lord..now this is yet another Peat vs VLC discussion? Please stop. We can all figure out what works for us without the fighting.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    I can only apologise. I had no idea what I was getting into. A little information is a dangerous thing.

Quote Originally Posted by lea View Post
    The chef on some British show just used the gelatin i think to make a red wine fruit jelly thing so go for it! (British people seem to like things jellied).

Also now I'm thinking about the time my great aunt served chicken jello and everyone looked on with horror and retold the story for 30 years.

Haha. That sounds like a great story! Bleurgh! ,I feel I should jump in and say I am not British though. It's a google GPS glitch. I live in Ireland and kerrygold whooshes out when we turn on the taps. So no jellied eels for me thanks.

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikiperpie View Post
    Hmmmmm, are you anti Ray or anti Knifegill, I can't decide, lol
    Neither, just found it ironic that Knifegill would show up on his google- and he himself will likely find it amusing. Everyone that has commented this far has done so jokingly and lightheartedly, even Knifegill with a classic and hilarious fanning of the flames.

I was actually using google image to bring up the Ray Peat as "mad scientist" as neck hammer called him but it was grainy. When I saw Knifegill instead that's just too funny not to share.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post

Damn you Knife! Making ray ray look good

OMG... is that mat stone near the bottom of that image with his head shaved? Receding hairline and all
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 09-14-2013 at 05:26 PM.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast