Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray peat's explanation of gelatin and effect on lipolysis. Clarify please page 3

Zach is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Add it to literally anything thats liquid.

Kikiperpie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    I just received an Amazon order of Great Lakes gelatin (green can). I don't want to hijack your thread too much, but how do you guys drink it. I always have bone broth on hand and have a mug every day, so that will be one TBS, but what else do you do with it? Someone said it tastes boney so I cant imagine mixing it into water. So far, I just keep looking at it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Ocean girl, hi-jack away! I want to know the answers to these questions too!
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Add it to literally anything thats liquid.
    Okay Zach, but can you taste it? I guess I could just try it, but the word "boney" stops me.

Ok Oceangirl, I have some in the cupboard I'm going to taste it now. I'll be back with the results
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikiperpie View Post
    Ocean girl, hi-jack away! I want to know the answers to these questions too!
    I am going to make myself an iced coffee with gelatin right now. I will come back and report. I may try it in some OJ if the coffee is gross. I am so not a picky food person, but the gelatin has me stumpted. I wonder what it would be like mixed into scrambled eggs? Lawdy!!

Zach is offline Banned
    I can barely taste it and i add like 25g to my coffee sometimes. The taste isnt bad at all.

Hey, great minds! Well, how was it for you? I literally just dissolved it in half a cup of boiled water. It had a slight smell but no taste as such. Think I might prefer it granulated though. It's Saturday night here though and I'm having some extremely paleo red wine (god that stuff is good for you too!) so I'm convinced now that I'm making primal jelly in my tummy!

I made a turn when I got to my fridge and grabbed my bottle of homemade Kombucha instead. 1 TBS gelatin to maybe 6 ounces booch and I couldn't taste it at all. Success!!

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    I made a turn when I got to my fridge and grabbed my bottle of homemade Kombucha instead. 1 TBS gelatin to maybe 6 ounces booch and I couldn't taste it at all. Success!!

I feel younger already. I think I could use it to thicken my gravies. Or is this a step too far? We do not fear the gelatin. Bring on the gelatin! I may rethink this if I wake up heavier in the morning. JUst kidding?

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    the way for fat mass to be lost is through beta-oxidation to co2, if you oxidize more fatty acids than you take in, you lose fat. Lipolysis creates excessive NEFA by design, so it's not responsible for fat loss.

Ray is pointing out that gelatin can stop lipolysis from creating excessive NEFA
    I still don't understand what this means. You're just like him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast