Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Ray peat's explanation of gelatin and effect on lipolysis. Clarify please page 14

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I actually did try it by the spoonful the other day and it wasn't pretty lol. The gelatin was sticking to my teeth and lips. It was pretty funny and I wish I did get video of it. Never again will I try that!
    I did that with Brewer's Yeast a few weeks ago... I'll let your imagination figure out how it went!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I did that with Brewer's Yeast a few weeks ago... I'll let your imagination figure out how it went!
    You are still a newbie Yogbare...
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    You are still a newbie Yogbare...
    Haha - it was all because of you, Sensei!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Anyone tried snorting the gelatin powder btw? I have heard some loose unconfirmed rumors that Peat is going to write about that method in a new article…
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Anyone tried snorting the gelatin powder btw? I have heard some loose unconfirmed rumors that Peat is going to write about that method in a new article…
    Nah, us Peatards are too busy snorting Cytomel and blowing sugar up each others asses a la Stevie Nicks (so we dont rot our teeth)

- Ray Peat

secret agent girl is offline Senior Member
    Not intending to hijack, but what's wrong with the carb curve?

secret agent girl is offline Senior Member
    I tried making some dishes with gelatin in them, but noticed it made me slightly naseous. Could it be the brand or type of gelatin?

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    I've come to realise that for me the only way I can use gelatin (at least the kind I have now) is in cold drinks. It doesn't entirely dissolve, but I can swallow it with the OJ or milk. In coffee, it melts, but only semi dissolves, and sticks to my teeth.

Euphoric is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by secret agent girl View Post
    Not intending to hijack, but what's wrong with the carb curve?
    As if it hasn't been hijacked already? :P

It's the idea that carbohydrate consumption is what drives obesity, and not a mixture of a caloric surplus and being sedentary.

Kikiperpie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by secret agent girl View Post
    I tried making some dishes with gelatin in them, but noticed it made me slightly naseous. Could it be the brand or type of gelatin?
    I had some gelatin in berocca yesterday and I was pretty nauseous but it went after half an hour or so. Thanks for the gelatin reference. It seems to have got....... Lost somehow.
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast