Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite cooking fat page

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Favorite cooking fat

Primal Fuel
    Just curious. What is yours?

I've just discovered suet and I love it!

I ditched the butter a few weeks ago. I eat coconut oil but don't really cook with it.
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Lard & butter.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    I cook pretty much everything in a 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 mix of virgin coconut oil, EVOO, and bacon fat

it looks and smells like Grok's anus, but is awesome nonetheless
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    Butter mostly unless I'm cooking meat like ground beef or sauage then I cook whatever else in the fat from that (as long as it's all the same meal,I don't save fat) I've tried bacon grease and hated it, and I don't like EVOO much. Now, if I could get or render some good lard then I would use that probably more than butter.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    It depends. If I'm making something with South Asian spices, I'll use Ghee. If I'm making something that's going to have coconut milk in it---I'll use coconut oil. For eggs, either coconut oil, or butter.

I only use EVOO cold, for dressings and marinades.

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    For now butter. Ive only used my Coconut oil to drink straight up or with a smoothies(makes some of the best smoothies/shakes ive ever tasted.)

One of these days i might try cooking with it, but for now its just too precious to cook with.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    I cook in either butter or goose fat. Food that is going to be served cold I cook with olive oil because cold sat fat is not that nice. I'm talking of things like chicken drumsticks served cold which I have for lunch at work. Might try lard once my goose fat has run out.

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jo View Post
    I cook in either butter or goose fat. Food that is going to bite served cold I cook with olive oil because cold sat fat is not that nice. I'm talking of things like chicken drumsticks served cold which I have for lunch at work. Might try lard once my goose fat has run out.
    It's not, hehe. Every chance i get i throw some EVOO on a cold dish.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Annika is offline Senior Member
    Usually bacon grease. If I'm making something Asian-ish, I'll use coconut oil.
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Ollie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A lot of you are saying "butter"... what butter exactly? Doesn't it have to be grass-fed or something?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast