Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The land of the constantly afraid page 6

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I suggest you guys check out this fantastic series, if you haven't already; How TV Ruined Your Life. Here's the episode on fear:

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleo Goth View Post
    A basic respect for life, a need to sustain one's life, and a fear of the consequences of violent action, has been replaced by explosive frustration, general societal rage, and a feeling of futility.
    The same observation has been rolling around in my head. Well put.

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleo Goth View Post
    It's not fear-mongering, at least not in St. Louis. Violence and fear are real here.
    I'm working on a piece about this Paleo Goth. There is a difference between reality based fear and fear based on manipulated perceptions. If you wake up and your house is on fire, your fear is based on the reality of the situation.

But if your fear of another religion is based on nothing more than carefully manipulated propaganda seen from the TV, your fear is not based on reality but on a perception that has been molded to fit a certain agenda.

But more on this later.....
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    That video was greatness
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    That video was greatness
    I thought you emptied your inbox but its full again. Empty your sent messages too to free up some space. How can we talk about a secret club of I have to keep posting about on threads?!

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Ben Franklin
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

I just posted the below on my Facebook page, thought it might fit here.

It is disgusting how far the USA has come from what our Founding Fathers set it up to be over 200 years ago.

I could blame it on the two major political parties but they are not to blame.

The blame rest completely on the shoulders of Americans, past and present, that have allowed our Constitutional Republic (not a true democracy) to get to this point.

We have gone from a country of pioneers, rough and ready women and men who could survive almost anything or die trying. Who had little dealings with, or faith in, any type of government and, they didn't really need one.

Injustices were dealt with swiftly with a beating for minor offenses, hanging in case of more serious offenses. The hangings were usually carried out by the local law, assuming they had a live body to hang. Severe crimes against people were often dealt with severally by the person the crime was against. Not perfect and no doubt, innocent people were hung just as people are unjustly punished today for consensual acts (war on drugs) or other crimes they did not do.

But it did make for an overall polite society.

Manners and respect were taught at home and reinforced in schools, assuming the kids went to school.

People may not have had a formal education but they could survive, often opening up their own businesses with a trade they learned from the fathers and grandfathers.

Somehow this all happened without a central government and often, with no government at all.

Not a perfect system, our history has it shares of tragedies such as slavery and the War of Northern Aggression (civil war to Yankees).

Fast forward to today......

2nd, 3rd and 4th generation welfare recipients, illegal and immoral acts of war committed by the USA around the globe, a War on Terror that has become a War Against Anyone that Doesn't Agree with the Government.

Taxation that is little more than modern day slavery. After all, if you have to work for any portion of the year to earn money that is taken away from you, is that not forced servitude for that portion of the year?

And why do people allow this to happen? Through generations of gradually increasing control through laws, regulations and programs.

Think about it, look at the huge number of laws that have been put into place over the last 120 years or so. From a handful to rooms full to the point that it is estimated that every adult American violates at least one felony and/or federal law each day. They may not know they have violated the law and the local cops likely don't know all the laws to enforce them but the laws are there. Every carried your prescription drugs outside of the original container you got from the pharmacy? LAW BREAKER!

Now if the government had tried to put all these laws into place during a span of say, 5 years, there would have been a revolution. But they didn't. Either by design or by accident, these laws have gradually been put into place governing the lives of generations of Americans. Now to the point that most Americans don't seem to really care and due to gun laws, likely don't have the means to revolt anyway.

So how were Americans lulled into accepting this? Besides it being done slowly over generations, it was done through panem et circenses or Bread and Circuses.

Panem et circenses is a quote from Roman satirist and poet Juvenal (circa A.D. 100),
    which says in English:

"… Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses"

Don't believe me? Go to Google images and search for "patriots", go ahead, I dare you.

The news are full of stories about the latest government shutdown and the impacts. People are crying out for the two parties to come to agreement and get things running again.

I could care less, the whole system could crater tomorrow and it would not change my life one bit. I have already withdrawn my consent to be governed, life would go on for me.
    Randal

Rojo is online now Senior Member
    Wow, what a bunch of crap. You wouldn't make a living without the US government.

ESPYexecbyyear.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Wow, what a bunch of crap. You wouldn't make a living without the US government.

ESPYexecbyyear.gif
    Done it before, doing it now. Happy and free in Egypt without the "benefits" of the US government. Working for an Egyptian company, salary from an Egyptian company, employee benefits from and Egyptian company. The only thing I get from the US government right now is the IRS' hands in my pockets taking a high percentage of the money I earn outside of the USA.

The US government has, with a part of my money, engaged in illegal and immoral wars and acts of wars, against countries that did nothing against the US. The US has murdered innocent people using taxes taken from me, and others, to buy the weapons. Only one of a long list of problems I can list.

And further more Rojo, people with your attitude are a major part, if not all of the problem. People that believe that life would not exist without the nanny state to guide their every move (I'm assuming your an American).

Humans lived before governments and will exist without them.
    Last edited by texas.grok; 10-03-2013 at 01:04 AM.
    Randal

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Something that bugs me is people who think we can't revolt due to strict gun laws. Gun laws are basically meaningless in terms of the population's ability to revolt. What the hell are rifles going to do against AC-130 Spectre Gunships?

Airpower won Blair Mountain. "The People" have never had anything on it.

M.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast