Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: CrossFit (or serious weights) and boobs.... page 5

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Yay, boobies pictures! More! More!
    Bwahahaha I don't believe it finally happened! Perseverance pays off ;-)
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Maybe our dear men can show examples of how serious weights have impacted their glutes?

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Maybe our dear men can show examples of how serious weights have impacted their glutes?
    This!

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little12 View Post
    I'll preface: mine are hereditary, not from beer or fatty stuff. I've had 2 times over the past 3 years that i've gone down a significant weight (significant to me) and they didn't really get smaller in terms of mass I don't think...just the band size changed and then cup from a result of that. They didn't "shrink"

I'm asking for 2 reasons. 1---I'd like to keep my curves, 2---I don't want to drop a bunch of $$ on bras if they're going to change quickly
    How much weight are you talking about and how old are you? I lost over 1/3 of my body weight and it wasn't until the last 20 lbs or so (as my body weight dropped from overweight to mid normal) that I felt like there was a noticeable, proportional loss in boobage, at least with clothes on. I am currently a 34C and for the first time in 35 years considering a pushup bra for a dress I just bought.

I have been thinking about a weight training regimen for other parts of my body. I have a hard time believing it would do much for my boobs. I can say that yoga is not a bust increasing strategy, lol. On the other hand, my backside looks better than it did when I was this same weight at 22, so every body part is different.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

little12 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, at my heaviest I lost about 40lbs to bring me down to what I was for about a year and a half...hovering at 160. I went from a 38DD down to a 34DDD or F depending on what sizing system you're looking at. Like I said, mine are hereditary from both sides of my family, so I never expected them to "shrink" persay...just morph. I do have to say though that I think they LOOK smaller...and I'm ok with that.

This time around, I dropped about 10-15 just from primal eating and i've already started to notice a little more "room" in my bras, particularly the band. It took me a long time to build up my collection after that last loss!! haha, I don't really want to start all over! I wish you could tailor bras like you can pants!!!

It is kind of a pain, like others have said, in regards to finding bras and sports bras and how much $$$ they cost. Ya can't just go to target sadly. And there aren't such things as "cheap bras" when you're that size. Shoot, Vickies JUST now started making a DDD bra. That's about as cheap as it gets.

For now, i'm going to wait it out and see what CF does to them. I think i'm on my way down to a 32 band size...but maybe CF will keep me at 34 because i'll finally have some back muscles! haha. I did get 2 new sports bras that fit well right now...can't really be doing all that jumping around in a crappy sports bra!!!! (btw, I feel like I could be sports bra tester with how many i've tried).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345