Thread: ~~Finding My Way Back~~ page

vanessa40 is offline Senior Member

~~Finding My Way Back~~

Primal Fuel
    Hello Everyone

I never know how to start a new journal. I have never been good writing so please have mercy.
    I will start from the beginning of my weight loss journey. Back in 2002 i was 220 pounds and at 5'2 that was a lot of me. I carry my weight from the waist down. So just imagine a waddling pear. It got to the point i was so tired of being tired. I gave up all the junk food. No more of my most loved Mt. Dew and i know Little Debbie stocks must have dropped too. I joined Weight Watchers started a walking program and got down to 160. Then i started running and lifting weights. So by the time i stopped Weight Watcher i was at my Lifetime goal of 121. That was 2008. It was an up and down thing. Since then i have tried a number of times to go back to Weight Watchers but i just could not get back in that mindset..

So then fast forward to 2011. Since then my weight has been at 140-145. I am 47..i will be 48 on New Years Day and it seems like since i hit 45 the weight is not moving. I run 3-5 miles 6 days a week, I lift 3-5 days and do yoga every morning.

So a friend of mine read Wheat Belly and gave me her copy. As of September 1 I cut out all wheat and sugar. I do use Truvia now..and i have lost for the first time in a year. As of this morning i am at 136. I never knew how bad wheat was for you..

I bought Mark's book last night and i love it..It makes so much sense to me. I am hooked. I was here last year but i was in such a bad place it didn't last but now i am ready to go..and reading all your journals has motivated me.. Nothing like seeing someone elses success to get you moving..

Like the title of my journal says i want to find my way back to the person i was at 121. I use to go out more..run in all these fun races,go shopping ...but since i have gained it's like i have become a hermit. I don't like going out feeling fat,trying to find something that fits and looks good on me. It's such a chore. I want to be able to go in my closet and look good no matter what i put on..you know..

So that's me...thanks for listening...
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive Is Canine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94923.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    SW~220
    CW~136
    GW-125

All and all today has been good. I went for my 4 mile run this morning and made a protein shake for breakfast
    In the past i would have had oatmeal but those days are over.
    I have also found that you can do a lot with flaxseed. I make a great muffin in the microwave that i have for a snack with some greek yogurt and blueberries.

I also planted my winter garden today. We planted brussel sprouts and cauliflower so i am sure that counts for some workout points

This afternoon i did a lower body workout and yoga..

Tonight i plan on reading more of Mark's book...

Time to go make dinner..steak and broccoli..
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive Is Canine

My Journal

SW~220
    CW~136
    GW-125

Good Morning..
    Yes i am up very early today. Once i wake up that's it but i do plan on a nap later.
    Getting ready to head out for my run it has finally cooled off.
    I have really had enough of the hot humid weather..
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive Is Canine

My Journal

SW~220
    CW~136
    GW-125

I can tell giving up wheat and all the junk i was eating is really paying off. Not only have i lost weight i my running and yoga is improving. I am also amazed at how i am not as hungry as i use to be..when i would eat my oats after my morning run a couple of hours later i would be starving...now it's lunch time before i need to et..
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive Is Canine

My Journal

SW~220
    CW~136
    GW-125