Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How did you PLAY when you were young... page

Kris T is offline Senior Member

How did you PLAY when you were young...

Primal Fuel
    Went for a walk this morning. It started raining. I found myself remembering when I was young and loving to walk/run/play in the rain. There was some construction on one road, and I made a point to go through the wet, muddy parts and let the mud squish between the toes of my VFF's.

Before I knew it, I was walking through the water puddles, and looking ahead for any mud/puddles coming up in my path.

Had a huge smile on my face, and decided to go the same route home so I could do it again. What fun!
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I often pretended I was the USS Enterprise and would go to warp 9 as often as possible.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Cowboys & Indians.. I got to be the Indian cause I had the horse & could ride bareback while shooting arrows
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Legos and Lincoln Logs inside, along with creating and decorating houses for my dolls by hanging blankets and towels from the top bunk. I still have the Legos and K'nex and still occasionally play with them.
    Outside, I horsed around on the swing set and made "bows and arrows" to shoot at the squirrels, chased birds, chased siblings and climbed the trees. Still do that, when I can.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Riding my bike and swimming were my summer favorites; sleigh riding in the winter.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    I'm a child of the 80's and therefor a big fan of Transformers, He-Man, etc.. So I used to run around with my friends in the street where we'd pretend to be various characters and "fight" each other.

Fun fact: I was the first kid on my block to have a video game system (Atari 2600), so my friends always wanted to come over and play it in my room--sometimes I was disappointed when they didn't want to go outside instead.
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

lark42 is offline Senior Member
    My mom hosted bridge parties a lot, so I was routinely banished from the house outside. I ran wild with neighbourhood kids playing tag, hide & seek, kick the can, bug the grumpy old neighbours, and rode the monkey trails along the river on our bikes. In the winter we built all manner of snow forts and slid down any bank we could find.

I did the same thing to my kids, although I didn't entertain and needed to keep the 'vacuum tracks', I was so busy with farm chores that I regularly turfed them outside to "just go play something" and get out from under my feet. Consequently, no toy was ever used for its intended purpose around here, and they had some wild adventures, usually involving dirt.

I stopped playing by the time I was 13 because I had a 2 hour paper route everyday after school. I kept that until after my second year at university. I still like walking.

Lark
    "Unfortunately, humans rely less on instincts and more on culture to determine what they eat" - Marcia Pelchat

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I liked my bike well enough, and I loved to swim, but playing for me was reading a book. Once I found books that took longer than a day to read and had no pics, I was that kid with her nose buried in one.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

moluv is offline Senior Member
    If I was inside and alone it was wildly imaginative and elaborate. I set up an office in my closet with a typewriter and phone and was the CEO of a large corporation. My secretary's office was just outside the door (played also by myself) and I had a lot of fun bossing her around. I also had a daily cooking show in the style of Julia Child (with voice and everything). My soufflés were phenomenal. If I was playing with my neighbor friends we often constructed elaborate obstacle courses, played "carhop" with our roller skates, or my personal favorite "Diary of Anne Frank" which involved hiding from Nazis in the upper loft of my parents barn/shed. Playing with my older brothers usually just involved getting the crap beat out of me. I loved all of it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was kind of an indoors/creative kid. I'd make up elaborate stories for my dolls & toys, usually with someone getting kidnapped & then rescued. If playing with friends, we'd build box forts, draw, or play house. I did ride my bike quite a bit, but only around the neighborhood and especially through crunchy leaf piles on the side of the road. I've never broken a bone and am too scared to climb trees very high. I feel like I missed out not having an older brother, or that my dad did not encourage more typically boy-ish pursuits.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast