Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not eating enough for weight loss?? page 2

Kimberly P is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Still stalled. UGH! So I uped my exercise...running up and down my stairs 4-5 times a day and my granddaughter loves playing tag so we run and chase twice a week. I run as fast as I can and am a little embarassed to say that she beats me every time (and she is only 5!). LOL

I also removed bacon for a while and picked up the meat to add protein. Hamburger (grass fed and local of course), chicken, and even had a few steaks so we will see if this helps.

Thanks again everyone for helping. Its tough in the beginning. The eating part is easy for me. The exercise not so much but its getter better. I think I also gotta quit reading success stories of people losing tons of weight in very, very short amounts of time. Its amazing but depressing at the same time because its not happening for me....YET! I know I will get there.

Thanks again!!!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    (Hugs)
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    What is a Woodchuck?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    What is a Woodchuck?
    It is a hard cider. Typically sold in draft pints alongside beer. Some people love it. I think it's awful. Maybe you've heard of Strongbow? It's similar.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    It is a hard cider. Typically sold in draft pints alongside beer. Some people love it. I think it's awful. Maybe you've heard of Strongbow? It's similar.
    I made a Woodchuck float out of Woodchuck and vanilla ice cream. It was awesome. Like apple pie. There are definitely better ciders, though.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    In the first posts you are actually eating not much on the kcal side of things. I read somewhere that just your brain needs 500kcal to function a day (Not saying it needs it from glucose but you can pull the calories out of fat or protein) so try to get it constantly around the 1500kcal so you feed your body.

As said before upping proteins would be a good idea. it will help you build muscles more quickly and that will help you burn calories more quickly as muscles need more energy than any other tissue except for the brain.

but most important listen to your body. maybe you need to move more or maybe you need to eat more different veggies. my body told me in my fourth week (where I am right now) that it needed more carbs and more food in general. so I tried to up my carbs to the 100-150 grams and up the general food intake to between 1500 and 2000 kcal. before that I felt too lethargic to more a lot, today I feel lots better again...
    I'm sure your body is telling you a story as well. Listen to it.

Kimberly P is offline Member
    It FINALLY happened!!!! My stall and been removed. WOO HOO!!!!

After 13 weeks of nothing...I finally dropped 3 lbs this week. OMG! I can't even tell you what a relief it is to finally be losing again. I have been measuring and I have lost over 3 inches around my waist and another 2 from my hips so I am assuming I was building muscle and burning fat which was the cause of the stall. AND on another note, those 3 lbs officially moved me from the obese BMI to plain old fashioned fat (overweight)! HAHA

I know we should not watch weight and BMI but not only is it important to me, it is important to my health insurance. My premiums will now drop. Now I am onto a healthy normal weight. I feel fantastic.

Thanks again everyone for being so supportive. This is a wonderful community of people.

Also a special shout out to @ChocoTaco369. I took your advice and dropped the bacon and picked up the protein. I feel much better.

PeterBooth is offline Junior Member
    No eating will never be good for body in long run. You might lose some weight for now but it is not healthy way to lose weight. A body requires all the nutrients for the working of all the parts of the body. But the key point is eating everything but in a limit. And doing exercise regularly. You need to eat food that is good for muscle building like eggs and almonds. You should also try food items that contain proteins and carbohydrates.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    These is awesome! Plateaus like that is not just decomposition, it is a time when your body tests its new weight and overcomes the isostatis (the body's desire to stay at the same weight). Plateaus are infuriating because you are doing the right thing, but do not see the immediate gratification on the scale; if it helps think about it as a body preparing to drop weight. Fingers crossed that you see a nice downward period now you've pushed the system off balance!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly P View Post
    Also a special shout out to @ChocoTaco369. I took your advice and dropped the bacon and picked up the protein. I feel much better.
    I'm glad it is working out for you! Remember, you cannot burn any of your stored body fat without a calorie deficit - meaning if you consumed 100g of fat today, you have to burn through 900 calories of fat before you can tap into a single calorie of what's around your waist. The more of your calories you can skew to protein while still feeling good, the more success you'll probably see. Just promise me you won't cut TOO HARD. If you start feeling lousy and lose energy due to not enough fat/carbohydrate intake, you won't be able to sustain it. Find the highest level of protein you can sustain and the lowest level of everything else.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast