Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: It's about getting healthy page 6

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by MarielleGO View Post
    At the moment I take multi-vitamins that I take every year during the winter month. They give me an extra boost to get through it...
    I still have to stop by the vitamin store for extra Magnesium so I'll have a look into your suggestion. It might help indeed
    I get my stuff from the UK (Red23) but your part of the world is selling the stuff as well: Holomed Nederland | Groothandel in Homeopathische geneesmiddelen: Sanum, Staufen Pharma, Green Pasture | Holomed Nederland

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    FrenchFry, thanks for the link, I'll look into it.

Alright, today I felt like crap!!! I felt so weak and shivery. The flu is going around so maybe that's what bugging me.
    but the big think is I think that I just need to eat more in general. Apparently my body has issues functioning on an apple and half an omelet until lunch...

So exercise first... I played an hour of tennis. I would say that falls in the play category but with the intensity of it comes close to sprinting. So I guess that's a good thing.

for food:
    B, half an spinach with bacon omelet.
    L, 3 banana pancakes (banana, eggs and almond butter)
    D, perch, cabbage salad with nuts, yoghurt with dark chocolate and nuts.

snacks, apples and one sultana package during the tennis. I needed something to pull me through it.

I decided to let go of my strict carbs intake, I'm not letting go of the eating rules but with the carbs anything between 50 and 150 is good. I'm thinking my body needs more at the moment. I feel that I went to extreme low carbs too fast.
    My body has always been very slow in adapting to changes that's the reason why former try-outs of diets didn't work...Now I'm going to take it slow and do it right.
    Even if this means that I won't loose those 10 pounds before christmas...

Well I'm gone for a day or two to visit my parents. I made mini-meatloafs to take with me. They have chickens so I think I'll manage this weekend...
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

paleodutch is online now Senior Member
    Try to eat some more meat in stead of nuts and nut butter. As long as you are trying to loose Wright don't eat more then something like 10 nuts per day. Nut butter is like dried fruit, very easy to overdo it and it is not very filling, some meat or an extra egg will fill you more.
    Fatty fish like smoked mackerel or salmon will also help.

Yay!!!! My mom said I lost weight!!! So the scale is broken!!!
    My story, My thought....

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

Seriously men are a species I'll never understand...After my mother commented on me that I looked slimmer than nornal I asked my DB (dear boyfriend) id she was lying or not...
    He said that I indeed did look slimmer!

Why didn't he say so while I was worrying over the number on the scale!!!!!

When I get back home I'm going to find a measurement tape and see what it says...

Oh, yeah on the food thing:

yesterday:
    B: home-made meat ball, hard boiled egg
    L: cabbage salad with mixed nuts and a mini bacon wrapped omelet
    D: eggplant lasagna and mini meatloaf.

snacks: dark chocolate (not too much) apple, cucumber

Today so far:
    B: 2 hard boiled eggs and a mini meatloaf
    L: 2 banana pancakes, lettuce with cucumber, carrot, smoked salmon and olive oil.

No snacks yet!!!

Tonight we are going out for dinner...curious to see how much sugar I'll manage to avoid...

Pfffff.... I feel awful today... My stress trip Friday night and monthly female issues are breaking my head into tiny pieces... I'm surviving on painkillers at the moment. I'm thinking I might skip everything today and sleep through everything...

Anyway, I need to do some thing today but any exercise is out today... hopefully the headache lift later today and I can do something..

The dinner last night was fun. I think I kept it fairly primal except for desert. It was my treat for a while.
    So I had a carpaccio with pine seeds, old cheese, lettuce and nut oil as starter. Mixed grill as main course. it had beef, entrecôte, chicken and pork in it. and I at all the served veggies. ( that was a first time), green beens in bacon, carrots, cabbage salad.
    The desert options were all sugary but i had given myself the permission to eat one bad thing. I still had a hard time choosing as I kept thinking how bad they all were but I decided on Creme Brûlée with sorbet ice cream. The Ice cream was made of full fat milk and vanilla sticks...

I found it surprisingly easy to switch back to Primal eating this morning. I was worried that I would crave sugar again but I made totally primal banana pancakes for breakfast so they were a bit sweet.

Anyway, the scale is still refusing to move either up or down so I'm going to try to eat bigger meals through out the week and less snacking...

Finally!!! the scale finally woke up... I dropped 1 whole pound!!! yay!!!
    Well at least there is a start and the number is moving in the right direction. I'm curious to see where this is going.
    I really want to hit the 75kilo before the 16th on November... it would be nice but I wonder if I can drop those two kilos so fast.

exercise wise will be a lazy day. I really need to get my Magnesium and Omega 3 fish oil so I have to go to the city. I guess I'll do a bit of extra walking today. If I'm home on time I'll do my weight training.

foodwise:
    B: 2 carrots and a mini-meatloaf with bacon
    L: bowl of lettuce salad with grilled ham, cucumber, carrots, italian old cheese and pecan nuts.
    D: I think it will be salmon with the remains of the lettuce.

Snack: had an apple and a mini-meatloaf between breakfast and lunch.

I really need to eat more in the morning. My body just isn't used to this food yet and thinks it's hungry all the time.

Besides that I need to figure out how to stop snacking out of boredom... It's a big stumble block

I went out to buy magnesium pills and omega-3 supplements. Amazingly I found both in one shop. For the Omega-3 I found cod-liver oil, they have added vitamin D in them so I'm getting extra's of that as well.

I did manage to do some weight training yesterday. managed 20 push ups and 30 squats. More proudly I am of the 30 seconds plank I managed to hold.

The scale didn't budge this morning. It was a bit disappointing to see it going up half a pound again but I know it's all liqiud. One day I'll get rid of it.
    I have been thinking about trying to do Keto but I don't think I can manage it right now. My body is not yet used to the low carbs completely and to give it an other shock might not be the best thing...
    So it's more exercises for me.
    My story, My thought....

AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarielleGO View Post
    I went out to buy magnesium pills and omega-3 supplements. Amazingly I found both in one shop. For the Omega-3 I found cod-liver oil, they have added vitamin D in them so I'm getting extra's of that as well
    For the CLO, I would go with the fermented version. It tastes like ass but has a natural nutrition, unlike stuff where you have to add isolated components. Just a suggestion, you're your own master

About the keto, what exactly do you want to achieve ? Have you read Peter Attia's piece on the subject ? If you plan to lose fat on keto, you may want to read this first: How to make a fat cell less not thin: the lessons of fat flux « The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D. The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D.

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast