Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: It's about getting healthy page 5

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Bloody hell, FrenchFry!!! 40 hours without food?! I'm nowhere near that yet!
    How do you prevent yourself from getting dizzy? I have already conquered the insulin drop and the companying very bad feeling but I still get very weak and dizzy from the empty stomach.

Right now I'm still training my body to go without the tons of Carbs (got allergic to them when I read the chapter in Insulin in PB) and I'm pretty sure I could do the 16 hour IF as I eat dinner early and am okay with breakfast around 10 or 11am but to go without food for more than that??? Nope not yet... maybe in a few months when I'm used to Primal eating.

Myrtille, the primal thing at Paleo track just appeared today. I have never seen it before... yep, as soon as I filled in my chocolate it disappeared...

Numbers for today:

Protein, 86g
    fat, 60g
    carbs, 83g

total calories:1210kcal.

I think I did very good today!!!

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarielleGO View Post
    Bloody hell, FrenchFry!!! 40 hours without food?! I'm nowhere near that yet!
    How do you prevent yourself from getting dizzy? I have already conquered the insulin drop and the companying very bad feeling but I still get very weak and dizzy from the empty stomach.
    hehe, that's easy: I keep some salt with me and I drink more coffee / tea than usual. Otherwise, no dizziness, no weird feelings. But I do eat very nutritious stuff so really, snacking is just not interesting to me. The 48 hours fast is rally a bit of a reset, as I tended to eat too much lately, I felt the need for a break. I even threw a work-out just before making dinner (pull-ups, planks, abs training + lots of walking earlier today). It is really no big deal, the second day fasting is much easier actually!

One of the major changes I notice since going primal is that I'm not tired quickly. Before a hour in the gym would be enough for me to crash on the sofa... now I'm actually feeling like doing more activities.
    I'm just not tired anymore.

Though my arms are hurting from the pull-ups I tried like crazy!!!

I did do a digital weighing... 37,5% body fat!!!!! So that means loosing 8 kilo to reach the 27% that is healthy...

I'll be back later to give food diary...
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

Had some highs and some lows today...

starting with the low point, I couldn't resist snacking on 86% chocolate and a few hands full of banana chips after my gym workout... I wasn't even hungry but just needed to put something in my mouth and it grew from bad to worse. My stomach feels really bloated now...

The high of the day was my work-out. I did 30 minutes of slow pace elliptical training (heart rate no higher than 110) I did it on my socks but I still got the tingling and numbing feeling in my outer toes. After that I did two circuits of weight training.
    each circuit consisted out of
    10 x 15kg arm press
    15 x 10kg abs machine
    10 x 10kg side abs machine
    10 x 60kg squat machine
    15 x 15kg pull-up machine.

I have never done anything this heavy and while I'm fearing the muscle pain tomorrow I'd even feel really tired. I could have done an extra circuit but for the first time I decided not to push it. Besides I'm going to have very good massage tomorrow

food wise:
    B: boiled egg and some leftover pulled pork
    L: salad with lettuce, carrots, cucumber, mozzarella, cashew nuts and a bit of home-made dressing
    D: steak tartar and eggplant vegetarian lasagna.

snacks: well besides the chocolate and the banana chips I had 2 servings of banana bread before heading to the gym so I had some extra fuel...

I did manage to ignore the oh-so delicious limburgian cakes (dutch specialty) that somebody brought into the office for his bday.

So besides the snacking I'm fairly happy with myself.
    Now I'm starting to worry about the weekend. I'm going to stay with my parents for a few days and have a dinner party. The dinner party should be find as the restaurant serves grilled meat and salads but I'm worried about staying with my parents. I don't think they have any Primal approved food at home. Fruits are there for decoration and my mom basically survives on white bread and solvable sauce in package...
    Maybe I'd try the 16 hour fast and take a trip to the market to buy approved lunch or see if the chickens have eggs for me...

ah well, that still a few days away... no use worrying too much about it yet

gods, my back and arms are sore.... They feel like somebody pumped lead into to them!
    I wonder if there are some foods that can make me recover more quickly...

Today I got another incentive to get really healthy... I'm slightly depressed about it but reality struck me.
    Since getting ill 10 years ago I haven't been able to work full time. the Cardiologist wouldn't allow it. Right now I'm working 30 hours a week/6hours a day.
    But my work is bloody boring and there is no chance in growing within the company. So I have been uploading my resume on jobboards and all.
    Today I got a phonecall from an agency if I was interested in what is about my dream job. Traveling quite a bit and working with people. I sadly had to recline it because it was a full time job. I asked if it was possible to do it with 32 hours but sadly it wasn't... I felt absolutely gutted!!!!

It's just another incentive to loose the fat, eat healthy and get moving...

On that eating healthy... I really need to eat a better breakfast. I was healthy at 10am and couldn't lunch until 12.30. I wasn't shaking or anything but feeling very weak...

B: mini bacon wrapped omelet with sweet potato
    morning snack: apples
    L: Lettuce salad with pecan nuts and mozzarella, steak tartar.
    afternoon snack: of course couldn't stay away from the chocolate (86%)
    D; tbps of wild rice, pork (leg ham) in a sauce made of full fat cream, fresh orange-juice and herbs. for dessert I had yoghurt.

my intake for this was:
    Cal: 1677kcal
    P: 123g
    F: 100g
    C: 76g

I still need to figure out a way to lower my O-6 and up my O-3's... I have to pay attention to the advertisement leaflets to see if smoked salmon in on offer...

For my workout I took a walk back home from the physiotherapist. Besides that my muscles need a day to recover from yesterday.

This is the second morning I'm shaking with hunger. I feel so weak and bad overall that I'm wondering if this is carb-flu.
    My stomach is empty even after eating an apple.
    I started the day with an spinach and bacom omelet with 2 eggs. You'd say that's enough to go by. However hunger kicked in two hours later and I decided to give in and eat an apple... seriously it feels like it has disappeared in space.

I started primal 3 weeks ago. for the first two weeks my cabrs intake was between 100 and 150grams, since four days I cut it down to between 50 and 100 grams. mostly around the 80 grams. I eat lots of proteins and fats, my calorie intake is between 1500kcal and 2000 kcal so it's not like I'm not eating enough.
    Maybe I should up the carbs back to the 100 -150 mark for now and give my body the time to get used to the lower carb intake... or maybe I should ride it out and live in hunger for a few weeks... I don't know...

Maybe it's just another autumn flu that's decided my body is going to be its host...

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Bonjour Marielle!
    Do you take supplements ? Like fermented cod liver oil (Green Pastures makes a good one, you can find it in the Netherlands easily). It is a bit pricey but I am taking it regularly (1tsp every day). They also make a combo fermented CLO-butter oil (for K2) which is even more pricey but the health boost is quite huge,e specially for a southerner like me approaching winter ...

Something to think about maybe ?

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    Bonjour Marielle!
    Do you take supplements ? Like fermented cod liver oil (Green Pastures makes a good one, you can find it in the Netherlands easily). It is a bit pricey but I am taking it regularly (1tsp every day). They also make a combo fermented CLO-butter oil (for K2) which is even more pricey but the health boost is quite huge,e specially for a southerner like me approaching winter ...

Something to think about maybe ?
    At the moment I take multi-vitamins that I take every year during the winter month. They give me an extra boost to get through it...
    I still have to stop by the vitamin store for extra Magnesium so I'll have a look into your suggestion. It might help indeed

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast