Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: It's about getting healthy page 3

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Strange how a change in diet can make such a change in your body. Especially energy wise...
    Ever since I started this Primal road I haven't complained about being sleepy once... lazy yes, wanting to be lazy all day, yes but never saying that I want to go to bed early... stil bedtime is between 9.30 and 10.30 pm but I'm not really tired anymore.
    That's the first time in I think 7 years that I'm not wanting to be in bed at 7pm...

I also wake up more refreshed and happy... I found that my morning bad-mood is disappearing and that I'm better able to deal with my boyfriends ADHD-character in the morning (try to keep smiling when he wakes up bouncing around the room singing commercial tunes at 6 in the morning!!)

I'm also starting to smile more. It seems I can enjoy things again...strange...

Today I need to go shopping for this weeks menu... I still have no idea what to eat. I normally eat the same as my bf but just skip the pasta, rice or potatoes... Though I do eat brown rice every now and then.

I made Scottish eggs yesterday for lunch, I made two so I have one for todays lunch as well. I hope it still is okay after keeping it in the fridge overnight...
    This morning was the first morning I ate meat and veggies for breakfast... I had two carrot and some left over beef from yesterday.
    Snacks are banana bread I made and I have some Paleo style chocolate bounty in the fridge for this afternoon...

I'm not sure what to do for exercise today... I don't have time to go to the gym so maybe today will be a weight training day...

anyway, work is calling again and I really have to finish something today

Epic fail today!!!!!
    I couldn't resist the cake that was in the office... grrrrr. I should have brought my own chocolate... it would have been so much better... urgh....

I had thought I would have at least some backbone by now... seriously I'm a jelly fish when it comes to backbone..

I'm getting the hang of this cooking thing...
    I work till 2pm so I have a few hours before the man of the kitchen returns. I can make the things I need to fry or bake for the next day then...
    So today I made my first coconut pancakes... they turned out great...so I have breakfast for tomorrow and maybe lunch...or twice for breakfast...

I need to find recipes with coconut milk because I opened a tin of that stuff.

I have finally ordered the Primal Blueprint. I have almost finished my Paleo for dummies and I still have a book on eating Macro-biotic to read on my diet issue but I think I'll wait with that one after I read Mark's book.
    Though I have to wait three days before it's here.

(I ordered a ton of books even though I had forbidden myself to do it. I still have so many books to read. I'm going to cut back massively on laptop time and finish all the books I still have to read.)

I did another session of weight training yesterday. Today will be a kitchen day as I'm making chicken legs. It will give me time to make a few things extra for the rest of the week.

The weight training isn't going as well as I hoped.
    - only 15 wall push-ups
    - 15 wall squats.
    - 15 seconds knee-hand plank.
    Not much progress yet... Maybe I'm not pushing myself hard enough. I'll have to stop by the gym and really push myself.

I found a great food journal online thanks to Misabi. The PaleoTrack.com is helping me not only to keep track of calories and other macro's but also the micro's (vitamins, fats, sodium, etc)... which is brilliant. It will help me understand certain processed better.

I also got my bloodwork back today. It's always been good. Though the inflamation marker was too high (not by much) but that's probably because I was battling a stomach bug at that time. The only two I'm concerned about were my Magnesium and TSH. They were on the low side of normal and should be a bit higher...

Foodwise things are going alright. I'm still not 100% paleo but I think I'm doing fairly well in the Primal region.

Only the weightloss is lacking. Maybe I'm expecting too much of myself but I had hoped that it would drop a little bit by now. I haven't had sugar in two weeks!!! I guess I'm either too lazy or that stopping my meds are influencing the weightloss.
    Tomorrow I'm going to the gym. I really need to go and get some cardio done.

today's menu:
    - boiled egg and carrots for breakfast
    - coconut pancakes and a bit of roasted chicken with a pear for lunch
    - banana bread for morning snack
    - pork meat with something I cook up this afternoon for dinner.

I'm being very creative in the kitchen again... I made sweets and lunch or breakfast... or what ever comes first to eat...

I'm making mini bacon wrapped sweet potato omelets... one big one for dinner but I figured I could store one or two in the freezer and have some back up...

I need to find more veggies I like... I'm going browse for Spinach recipes and new things... veggies are scary monsters....

I'm having a good day!!
    Yesterday late in the afternoon news came through that my CEO got fired. finally!!! It caused me to walk around with a big grin on my face. It was for almost all colleagues very exciting and there was a kind of first-day-of-school vibe going around...
    Needlessly to say we didn't like our CEO much...

Anyway back to Primal...
    I did the half hour hike today.
    I also did my weight training run... it bugs me big time that I always have severe muscle aches and cramps after just a small bit of exercise but my Grok family came through and gave me tips and hope that one day I'll see my abs...
    Maybe a pitstop at the gym will be a good one tomorrow or the same exercise again as today.
    I can stop by the pharmacist and the hairdresser on the way....

on the food:
    I did okay today:
    - boiled egg and carrots for breakfast
    - banana bread and pear as snack
    - meatbal, cucumber and a mini sweet potato omelet with bacon for lunch
    - too much dark chocolate, banana chips and dried mango for afternoon snack
    - italian crusted cod, coconut pancakes and cucumber for dinner.
    - yoghurt with vanilla, dark chocolate and mixed nuts as dessert...

Normally after desert I don't eat anything until breakfast the next morning.

Still there were a lot of sneaky calories in this. I found out I eat more calories than I should. Pancakes and banana bread are killing and will be slowly eliminated from my plate. I really need to find greens that I like...

I guess I'm not eating as paleo as I thought I was. I'm filling in my food intake on Paleotrack but the "congrats you are full paleo" disappears quickly...I just don't get what I'm doing wrong... coconut pancakes are as paleo as possible. Sigh, at least I'm sticking within Mark's plan...

My book still isn't here... I hope it will come tomorrow.

Today has been difficult. My cats woke me up at 2.30am and I couldn't go back to sleep after that. It brings home how sleep is influential on your body. I'm hungry, cranky and sleepy for the first time since I started the primal thing...

Tomorrow I'm going to the fresh market for fruits and veggies... I have decided to buy only what is in season and right now it's a lot.
    If I have time I'll go to the city to have a look at vibrams or something like that. I want a pair before convention season starts. It would save me a lot of sore feet...

FlyingPig is offline Senior Member
    I think it would be good to read the book first as (no offence), you seem a little bit confused sometimes. Coconut pancakes? Banana bread? I would avoid those kind of "treats" or at least limit them if weight loss is a priority. Just eat real, unprocessed food: meat, fish, veggies, fruit, tubers, a few nuts (not too many) and that's it. Make your meals big and fulfilling and avoid snacking in between as it means you didn't eat enough during your main meal. Nourish your body as much as possible, it's all about giving your body all the right nutrients it has been missing.
    I have cats too and lock them away in the living room at night, my sleep is too important. If you mess up your sleep, whatever you do diet and exercise wise can quickly become pointless.
    I would say don't overdo it on the exercise and just focus on getting your diet and sleep in order for now. Walking is fine, but I'd go easy on the running as it is not very effective for weight loss.
    Succes ermee

PrimalCon New York
    FlyingPig, yeah a bit confused indeed. Mainly because PB is very different for the Paleo diet I have been reading about.
    I'll get the book soon. I'll find some answers.

I did lock the cats in the living room as well. We always do but I didn't close the door properly. It was my own fault...

For my heart issues working cardio is a must. I'm trying to walk for half an hour at least 3 times a week. Plus the 2 tennis sessions should do miracles but I'd love to get my old strength back

Sent from my Nexus S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast