Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: It's about getting healthy page 12

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    I missed a day yesterday but nothing big happened...
    I did a bit of body-weight training, I'm proud to notice my push-ups are improving. My planks are getting better as well.
    Thursday I walked for 2 miles while carrying groceries.

Food yesterday:
    B: Omelet with ham and mozzarella (I had an insane craving in eggs)
    L: Salad, grilled chicken, left over beef.
    D: Meatza, piece of Dark chocolate as desert.

Snacks: dried fruits, dark chocolate, a pear

today we are off to the fresh market to get fruits and veggies...
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

You know, I live a boring life... I didn't do much today.
    My exercise was in the shape of cleaning the house and walking for an hour or so in the shopping centre. I needed to get a handbag a friend bought changed, it had a huge error in it... I didn't even went shopping for myself.

food wise:
    B: omelet with ham and red bellpepper.
    L: last part of the meatza.
    D: tuna with eggplant-lasagna. yoghurt with vanilla, coconut rasp and chocolate for dessert.

snacks: dried fruits, boiled egg and dark chocolate.

I don't think I'm doing really well with the snack... I need to cut down the snack but I'm so bloody hungry all the time at the moment...
    I have periods like these... I always say these days my tapper-worm is awake... I;m just hungry non-stop. It will go away in a few days but these days I normally eat everything that I can find. at the end of the week I'll probably can survive on a egg..
    My story, My thought....

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Eh, I didn't do all that much today either and i dont class my life as boring - always something to read, think about, contemplate.

Don't worry about eating if you're hungry! If you know your body goes through periods like this, then its all good.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk
    I'm not an emo, I swear

I totally couldn't make it here yesterday... I wasn't in the mood to get here anyway...
    I was reading and feeling sorry for myself...
    I guess I have some sort of bug in my system because I feel so awful, like I'm having a cold without the runny noose.

I tried to do some weight training but my muscles are clearly working on other things right now, so I'm taking Mark's advise and have a few relax days... Tomorrow I'm going to play tennis again though...

Food wasn't all that good either yesterday
    B: omelet with left-overs
    L: left over pork-curry with pineapple and had some coconut pancakes at the side
    D: beef, sweet potato fries and cucumber, desert was yoghurt with vanilla, dark chocolate and coconut rasp.

Snack: apple, dark chocolate and I had the huge sin of buys a piece of dark chocolate bros (it had way too much sugar in it but I was feeling sorry for myself so it was comfort food.)

I did make time to order meat at the butcher so that I have grass-fed meat at home, I ordered, pork-shoulder for pulled pork, beef roll, chicken roll and spare-ribs... I ordered dubble the amount of everything so that I have left-overs for the next day...
    My story, My thought....

AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

I had such a fan-girl moment yesterday that I totally forgot everything. I couldn't focus at work today and spend most of the day, day-dreaming...
    I'm a huge GHI fan, and more specifically a Fitzgerald fan, I have him as a friend on Facebook. Some things came up and I send him a message but I didn't expect much of an reply... he replied within 5 minutes. well that had me squealing like a 13 year old fan-girl...

Anyway, it made me feel a bit more happy... I always experience a winter-depression. Sometimes it takes a while to settle and it will start in January but this year it has already hit. so anything that make me happy is welcome at the moment.

Today's overview.

Exercise: Played tennis for an hour.

Food:
    B: chicken breast, cucumber and an boiled egg.
    L: Salad with a hand full of nuts and an boiled egg.
    D: Salad with nuts, goat's cheese, boiled egg and a grilled chicken breast.

snack: apple, dark chocolate, bacon-omelet, and a cracker with mango while playing tennis...
    My story, My thought....

AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

Happy weekend!! Pffff I needed this weekend. I've been catching a few extra hours of sleep.
    Yesterday we had a dinner party at our house. We did it completely primal!!!

We had soup as starter (chicken stock, with egg, bacon, mushrooms and cheese)
    Main course, we have a dish of pulled pork, sweet potato fries, chicken-coconut curry and wild rice.
    Only desert wasn't really primal as it had sugar in it but we had, apple covered in vanilla custard and brown sugar with full-fatice cream.

i had only primal snacks in the house so we had nuts and dark chocolate.
    Everybody enjoyed it and nobody felt like it was diet food.... so great success and I still feel good this morning...
    My story, My thought....

AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

I recently finished a book about people in living in Holland during the stone age. It was fictional but based on well done research in local tribes. I guess we do have a great archeological history in holland.
    anyway, it described a life-style of the first settlements when early human was still very much a hunter-gatherer but started to see the benefits of being settled and raise animals and sow crops.
    It was actually very motivational to read about that life-style. Like Mark's describes in his PB, people there died of accidents, stupid mistakes, fights between tribes and if they were lucky old age. Besides that they lived a happy healthy simple life.
    So peaceful and quiet that I find myself longing to that simplicity.
    (I really need to find myself another job!! Away from computers whole day)

I'm hoping to find more books like that as they give me a clear idea of how to live primal/paleo.

I also have started to take up on Mark's suggestion to read in the evening instead of watching telly or working on the laptop.
    It cuts down greatly on my writing time but it really helps me sleep better.

okay exercise first:
    Sunday: walked for 2 hours
    Monday: sqauts, wall-push ups and planking.

Food for monday, can't remember what I ate on sunday.
    B: grilled chicken breast, cucumber
    L: quater of a meatza and some carrots
    D: Sweet potato fries and a little bit of leftover pulled pork, yoghurt with vanilla, chocolate (74%) and coconut rasp as desert

snacks: apple, dark chocolate, handful of banana chips.
    sinful snack: I had a dutch fried apple pie, it's about the size of an apple and covered in sugar. They are seasonal and were handed out at work... I just couldn't resist.
    My story, My thought....

AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    What is your job? Is it very stressful?

I really need to get back into reading...but you know all the excuses: too much work, can't get into the book, etc, etc...

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk
    I'm not an emo, I swear

Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    What is your job? Is it very stressful?
    No i don't have a stressful job, it's rather boring. The stress I have comes from a manager who annoys me to no end. To rules that seem to count for the pleghm but not for the managers and the fact that there are no opportunities.
    I work as a Quality assistant and spend 6 hours a day locked up inside a boring office staring at a boring screen doing boring work.
    I just want a job where I have more responsibilities and more diversity. Preferably something that has me going outside as well and not staring at a screen all day...
    My story, My thought....

AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    still suffering with the bug... there are moment I feel so awful. I'm wondering if I should call sick for a few days and sleep it off.

Also I found that my calorie intake is way too high again. I had an intake over the 2000kcal on a lazy day.
    I'm finding myself very hungry constantly. so annoying.
    I did eat a lot of nuts again.
    My story, My thought....

AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast