Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: It's about getting healthy

Shop Now
    I recently finished a book about people in living in Holland during the stone age. It was fictional but based on well done research in local tribes. I guess we do have a great archeological history in holland.
    anyway, it described a life-style of the first settlements when early human was still very much a hunter-gatherer but started to see the benefits of being settled and raise animals and sow crops.
    It was actually very motivational to read about that life-style. Like Mark's describes in his PB, people there died of accidents, stupid mistakes, fights between tribes and if they were lucky old age. Besides that they lived a happy healthy simple life.
    So peaceful and quiet that I find myself longing to that simplicity.
    (I really need to find myself another job!! Away from computers whole day)

I'm hoping to find more books like that as they give me a clear idea of how to live primal/paleo.

I also have started to take up on Mark's suggestion to read in the evening instead of watching telly or working on the laptop.
    It cuts down greatly on my writing time but it really helps me sleep better.

okay exercise first:
    Sunday: walked for 2 hours
    Monday: sqauts, wall-push ups and planking.

Food for monday, can't remember what I ate on sunday.
    B: grilled chicken breast, cucumber
    L: quater of a meatza and some carrots
    D: Sweet potato fries and a little bit of leftover pulled pork, yoghurt with vanilla, chocolate (74%) and coconut rasp as desert

snacks: apple, dark chocolate, handful of banana chips.
    sinful snack: I had a dutch fried apple pie, it's about the size of an apple and covered in sugar. They are seasonal and were handed out at work... I just couldn't resist.
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    What is your job? Is it very stressful?
    No i don't have a stressful job, it's rather boring. The stress I have comes from a manager who annoys me to no end. To rules that seem to count for the pleghm but not for the managers and the fact that there are no opportunities.
    I work as a Quality assistant and spend 6 hours a day locked up inside a boring office staring at a boring screen doing boring work.
    I just want a job where I have more responsibilities and more diversity. Preferably something that has me going outside as well and not staring at a screen all day...
    My story, My thought....

still suffering with the bug... there are moment I feel so awful. I'm wondering if I should call sick for a few days and sleep it off.

Also I found that my calorie intake is way too high again. I had an intake over the 2000kcal on a lazy day.
    I'm finding myself very hungry constantly. so annoying.
    I did eat a lot of nuts again.
    My story, My thought....

My muscles are seriously hurting now!!! I decided to intensify my weight training. While I still only use my body weight (I'm heavy enough!!) I increased the reps. and that I can feel now!!
    I did:
    3x 15 wall push-ups
    3x 15 squats
    2x knee to elbow plank for 20 seconds.

I tried to do side-planks but I got immediate cramp in my arm-shoulder muscle at one side. I'm upping my Magnesium supplements for the next week to work away some shortage in my body.

I'm using Paleo-track to follow if I eat enough and the good things.
    I notice that my carbs are coming mainly from my snacks. I could do Keto easily if it weren't for my snacks.
    My snacks contain a few good things like fruits. but most calories and carbs are coming from dark chocolate and nuts.
    I'm not sure if I can cut them back yet, but I'm trying.

So, food for today.
    B: omelet with ham and a cucumber
    L: BAS with ham and nuts and pulled pork
    D: Beef roast and cauliflower.

Desert: yoghurt with chocolate and coconut meat.

Snacks: banana chips and dark chocolate.

As I have been feeling very bad after dinner for the last few days I'm suspecting that my resident bug is still enjoying its living space... though I have decided to cut out all dairy for a while to see if it makes me feel better.

General thoughts:
    how am I going to survive this winter?

I'm already depressed with this weather! It's so dark and wet outside.
    I have been preparing for the cold with buying legwarmers and a knitted poncho but I still need a new winter coat. (and a extra pair of shoes would be nice)
    My story, My thought....

hmm this weekend is very boring. Foodwise and activity wise. I had agreed with my body to take a break and do nothing. Try to sleep the bug out but apparently other parts of my body don't like doing nothing...

Yesterday we went grocery shopping and I cleaned the house a bit. Today we went to the city to buy a few kitchen aids.
    We bought small baking trays to make smaller portions of Primal goodies. we bought a spaghetti cutter, not for the wheat based version but this one cuts carrots and that stuff into small ribbons. We saw it on telly yesterday and it looked great for eating primal.

food:
    Saturday:
    B: almond flour pancakes
    L: BAS with eggs and turkey
    D: chicken legs with sweet potato

Today:
    B: the remains of the almond flour pancakes and an egg
    L: omelet with cauliflower, bell-pepper and turkey
    D: spare-ribs and BAS
    My story, My thought....

Not a long post for me today. Yesterday I got hit on my head with the door of a cabinet. I still have a lot of headache thanks to that. I'm hoping it's not a contusion but it feels like it. So I'm limiting my computer time and turn back to sleeping it off.

Just a quick update on today.

No exercise. I can't even bent without getting headaches.

food: (I did good!)
    B: ham omelet.
    L: Salad with ham and nuts
    D: Sushi

snack: Dark chocolate and an apple
    My story, My thought....

I've been away from my blog a few days... Apparently I don't have a lot to tell.
    I'm still doing pretty well on the food part of the PB. Though I did bought a can of Ben&Jerries. I'm sorry but that stuff is one of my big addictions and it was that or a pound of chocolate covered cookies. So it was Ben&Jerrys for desert. And I'm so not feeling guilty about it!

I have been doing my exercises. I'm trying to push myself but even a little extra causes 2 days of sore muscles. It's so bloody annoying. Like I'm not making progress at all!!
    Though I am happy to see the result in the mirror. On weight days, and the morning after I do look slimmer. It could be my imagination though...
    I do still find it hard to get the hours of movement in. with Flu-season in full swing and the bloody wet and cold weather outside it's just not working right now. It will get better when spring comes.
    So for now I'm also counting my hours I spend walking around the mall, window shopping.

Today I'm giving IF a try. Not completely out of free will as my stomach seems to be upset about something and eating is so not appealing right now. So as I felt nauscious and not well this morning I skipped breakfast and am surviving on tea.
    I'm curious to see at what time my stomach gives up this act and start begging for food. I hope I can make it till lunch. That would mean an 18 hour fast.
    My story, My thought....

I have been having a hard weekend Primal wise. It's that time of the month again and I'm craving everything sweet and chocolate. It's insane, I can sit on the sofa reading and all the sudden I get this unexplainable craving for chocolate covered cookies. I don't have them at home so I delved into the dried fruits and dark chocolate but I ate way too much of that.
    On top of that, my parents visited Saturday, they are real candy addicts and of course brought something along that needed to be eated with the coffee immediately, and to top it off they wanted to go out later in the day for coffee and cake.
    I can only say "No" so many times before my backbone shatters...

The weekend got worse when my mom asked if I had stopped my diet because I hadn't lost any visible weight over the last month!!!!
    you can guess that my motivation is at it's all time low these days.

Anyway, I tried ground liver instead of ground meat in my tomato suace. I really didn't like it. It just taste weird. I really didn't like how it tasted. So that's going on the "no" food list and I'll stick to liver pate from the butcher.

I ate tons of eggs yesterday. Made scrambled eggs in the morning and salad with boiled eggs in the afternoon. I had 10 eggs in two days!!! that's way too much.

In telly yesterday there was this show "American Blackout" it was a documentary about what would happen if due to a cyber attack the whole of the US would be stuck without electricity for a longer period. They showed how people would (in worst case scenario) act. They were following a group of students, a couple with kids, a couple with no brians what so ever, a prepper and his family and cities in general... The prepper was of course off best until his stupid future son in law told a neighbor that they had food.
    It got me wondering how well I would do with out power. I came to the conclusion that I would manage a week or so but not longer. I have bottled water for a week and with food we can manage. However I was also thinking about my cats, they would need food and fresh water as well.
    It was a good show...
    My story, My thought....

I gave in... I bought the bag of chocolate cover cookies... I have been craving them for 2 weeks now and I couldn't hold out anymore. Anyway, you only live once and they are only a small bag of cookies... so I'm going to enjoy them, eat the 150 grams of carbs, the grains and the refined sugars and feel really bad tomorrow... but hell with it.

I have been eating fairly good but too much carbs for my liking. Somehow I managed to get above the 100 grams for the last few days. I preferably like to eat below that but with the cold weather and the hunger related to that it's just not working to eat less.
    Maybe now that I'm giving into the craving the hunger will go away.

I'm also really struggling to get through the flu. I'm hoping that a weekend of pampering will help with that...

So for the last two days I had Bacon and eggs for breakfast, Meat and salad for lunch and meat and veggies for dinner... the only non primal thing I have had were the few cups of hot chocolate. even my deserts are primal as they are full fat sour cream with honey and nuts.
    My story, My thought....

Shop Now
    Marielle, I found a new dutch source of grassfed meat, they sell in several cities, a webshop and through bone supermarkets. Website is www.puregraze.com

I caved in to some pepernoten, ate a small bag in 3 days, will cave in once more before sinterklaas leaves : ) But it does make me feel staying primal for the rest of the year is the best for me.