Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What wine do you like?

Hybrid View

What wine do you like?

I've never really been into wine much, but I tried a few absolute crackers recently.

Anybody have a favourite wine to recommend?

Mead....

We are so lucky in the U.S. when it comes to wine. Not only do we have the bounty of California, and to some extent, Oregon and New York, but we have a boatload of imports from which to choose.

I like (in this order) nice full bodied on the dry side Merlot, Petite Sirah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir.

For dessert, I like ice wines, late harvest Gewurztraminer, and as Doc mentioned, Mead (Mead also goes really well with a joint - come to think of it, most of the dessert options do).

For New Year's, birthdays, or when a man is trying to impress me, bring on the bubbly (I like dryish, but that's a matter of taste).
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    We are so lucky in the U.S. when it comes to wine. Not only do we have the bounty of California, and to some extent, Oregon and New York, but we have a boatload of imports from which to choose.

I like (in this order) nice full bodied on the dry side Merlot, Petite Sirah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir.

For dessert, I like ice wines, late harvest Gewurztraminer, and as Doc mentioned, Mead (Mead also goes really well with a joint - come to think of it, most of the dessert options do).

For New Year's, birthdays, or when a man is trying to impress me, bring on the bubbly (I like dryish, but that's a matter of taste).
    Ooh, I love ice wines and Gewurtztraminers! They are the only whites I typically like. Usually I'm a fan of reds, the kind I like depends on what I'm eating. I do like Malbecs and Red Zins.

My husband likes good pinot gris, and there's a white from Cloudy Bay (a winery here) that has a lovely grape-fruity flavor in the wine. It's really lovely.

And I mostly hate wine. Or all alcohol really.

Yep, I'm a mead fan as well... Honey wine are lovely...

Also I love the merlot and the bordeaux red wine...

I love Malbec. Dry, robust red wines. Similar to Cabernet Sauvignon.

Tempranillos from Spain or Argentina are also lovely, and lighter.

I am not much of a white wine fan, but a Pino Grigio in the summer can be nice.

I like the Muscadine Grape wines. Couple of good ones from Florida.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Beginning: 7/23/13, 5'5" 221lbs * Current Weight: 10/31/13, 202lbs * Goal 165lbs

I like the good stuff, the stuff with a spigot, a handle and a cardboard box around it.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I like the good stuff, the stuff with a spigot, a handle and a cardboard box around it.
    That's my style! There's a boxed wine called Vitner's Red at Target which I like because it's not too dry or too sweet. Plus, come on, the price is awesome.

I'm not at all experienced with expensive wine... I have a wine fridge full of bottles that were $12 or less and that's just fine with me.