Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What wine do you like? page

Mutton is offline Senior Member

What wine do you like?

Shop Now
    I've never really been into wine much, but I tried a few absolute crackers recently.

Anybody have a favourite wine to recommend?

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Mead....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    We are so lucky in the U.S. when it comes to wine. Not only do we have the bounty of California, and to some extent, Oregon and New York, but we have a boatload of imports from which to choose.

I like (in this order) nice full bodied on the dry side Merlot, Petite Sirah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir.

For dessert, I like ice wines, late harvest Gewurztraminer, and as Doc mentioned, Mead (Mead also goes really well with a joint - come to think of it, most of the dessert options do).

For New Year's, birthdays, or when a man is trying to impress me, bring on the bubbly (I like dryish, but that's a matter of taste).
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    My husband likes good pinot gris, and there's a white from Cloudy Bay (a winery here) that has a lovely grape-fruity flavor in the wine. It's really lovely.

And I mostly hate wine. Or all alcohol really.

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Yep, I'm a mead fan as well... Honey wine are lovely...

Also I love the merlot and the bordeaux red wine...

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    I love Malbec. Dry, robust red wines. Similar to Cabernet Sauvignon.

Tempranillos from Spain or Argentina are also lovely, and lighter.

I am not much of a white wine fan, but a Pino Grigio in the summer can be nice.

onadraw is offline Member
    I like the Muscadine Grape wines. Couple of good ones from Florida.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Beginning: 7/23/13, 5'5" 221lbs * Current Weight: 10/31/13, 202lbs * Goal 165lbs

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I like the good stuff, the stuff with a spigot, a handle and a cardboard box around it.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Same! Boxes of wine are never anything but delicious... lol

I like whatever cabarnet is cheap. The more I pay for it the more bitter and gross it seems to taste.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    We are so lucky in the U.S. when it comes to wine. Not only do we have the bounty of California, and to some extent, Oregon and New York, but we have a boatload of imports from which to choose.

I like (in this order) nice full bodied on the dry side Merlot, Petite Sirah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir.

For dessert, I like ice wines, late harvest Gewurztraminer, and as Doc mentioned, Mead (Mead also goes really well with a joint - come to think of it, most of the dessert options do).

For New Year's, birthdays, or when a man is trying to impress me, bring on the bubbly (I like dryish, but that's a matter of taste).
    Ooh, I love ice wines and Gewurtztraminers! They are the only whites I typically like. Usually I'm a fan of reds, the kind I like depends on what I'm eating. I do like Malbecs and Red Zins.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast