Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What wine do you like? page 4

Pheebie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Just about any red: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Chianti.

Rex Goliath makes excellent reds for around $5/bottle. One of the best kept secrets. I pick up at least one bottle every week at the grocery store. Our neighbors turned us onto it, and now we've gotten other friends and family members hooked.

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    I'm not a huge alcohol fan, period, so my favorites are dessert wines and ice wines.

kayhunter is offline Junior Member
    Googling wineexpert canada now. My mom makes wine and is always on the lookout for new kits

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    I'm a big Pinot Noir fan myself. I prefer northern California's Russian River Valley region, they're almost all excellent in my opinion.

Tvaltin is offline Junior Member
    I agree with you Diana. My wife and I are heading up there this weekend. Camping and drinking wine

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KV8R View Post
    I'm a big Pinot Noir fan myself. I prefer northern California's Russian River Valley region, they're almost all excellent in my opinion.
    I wasn't a huge red wine fan before I started looking for alternatives to beer, but I do like Pinot Noir. At the moment, I'm mostly letting Costco help me make my choices. Just tonight I opened a bottle of Kirkland's Russian River Valley PN and it was very nice. I had to cut myself off after 1/2 bottle.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Suse is online now Senior Member
    Ahhh wine... one of my favourite tipples!

NZ has some of the best Sauvignon Blancs I think. zoebird has already mentioned Cloudy Bay and she is bang on here. But it is pricey. Personally any NZ sav does the trick for me, although lately I have taken to drinking low alcohol savs. Sounds awful but actually it is just very nice quaffing sort of wine. Probably the best reisling I have ever had is from Pegasus By in Canterbury. Gorgeous. You could blindfold me and put this in front of me and i would know it anywhere. If anyone is ever visiting NZ make sure you visit the Pegasus Bay vineyard for lunch, they have an awesome restaurant with incredibly enthusiastic and knowledgeable staff about their food and wine.

I'm not a big red drinker, but Central Otago Pinot Noirs are winners as well usually.

sigh... talking about wine when doing a Sober September challenge is not a good idea

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234