Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What wine do you like? page 3

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm EXTREMELY biased when it comes to wine, having grown up in the Finger Lakes of NY. Especially anything that comes from Seneca Lake.

peril is offline Senior Member
    For red I mostly drink shiraz (NSW or SA) with the occasional cabernet or cabernet blend. Pinot noir occasionally in Summer (NZ & Tasmania producing the best available here)

I drink much less white but still prefer an aged Hunter Valley semillon. Nothing else has the rich flavour and smooth palate. OTOH it is hard to go past NZ sauvignon blanc for an every day white
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Since I live in Santa Barbara wine country, pinot noir is the thing you're supposed to get here. But I actually prefer a nice rich heavy-duty Cabernet sauvignon. Sometimes the pinot noir has a lot of complexity and then I like it, but if it doesn't, I think it's kinda watery.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Unfortunately red wines seem to aggravate my allergies otherwise I'd prefer Pinot Noir, for whites I like Sauvignon Blanc.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Mutton is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGrok View Post
    I have been making my own wine for a couple of years now, and I can't drink most cheaper store bought wines now. My favourite white is Muller Thurgau I made 30 bottles about a year ago, and they are all gone so I have another batch on the go. Everyone who has tried it has loved it!! I just finished a batch of Italian Amarone about three months ago which has an extra fermentation step resulting in a high alcohol, and it is great!!!
    Maybe this needs a new thread, but more details please! Do u use fresh grapes for example?

Mutton is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    Pinot noir occasionally in Summer (NZ & Tasmania producing the best available here)
    I recommend Joseph Chromy if u haven't tried it yet! Which NZ pintos do you favour?

GuitarGrok is offline Senior Member
    I use kits from a company called winexpert they are a Canadian company, only use high quality grapes from around the world, no dies, added sugars, or other junk. It is pretty easy to make, and costs $2-$5 a bottle

FarmGal417 is offline Junior Member
    Cardboardeaux

twinmama is offline Senior Member
    I'm from the wine country in CA... and married to a chef... kids go to school with a handful of wine makers' children.... our school fundraiser is Wine Based... we make $$$.... I love Cab... an a super buttery/Oak Chardonnay. Lucky enough to rarely have to pay for a bottle of wine. 'Cause I couldn't afford what I like...

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Prefer Pinot Noir and Washington state/Oregon are great. Right now am enjoying a blend-Merlot, Barbera, Sangiovese.

Emeri De Bortoli sparkling sauvignon blanc is a really nice sort of lighter-Prosecco from Australia.

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast