Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What wine do you like? page 2

nikitakolata is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I like the good stuff, the stuff with a spigot, a handle and a cardboard box around it.
    That's my style! There's a boxed wine called Vitner's Red at Target which I like because it's not too dry or too sweet. Plus, come on, the price is awesome.

I'm not at all experienced with expensive wine... I have a wine fridge full of bottles that were $12 or less and that's just fine with me.

Jefferson1775 is offline Senior Member
    I'm not too picky when it comes to wine. I remember my roommates and I playing "wine pong" with one of those jugs of Sangria to change things up. It was a very fun night . I've tried a few brands from the store, and they've all been hit and miss.

Most of the wine that I drink comes from a good friend of mine, though. He and his family make it, and he'll give me a few bottles here and there for helping him with his math homework. The best wine that I've ever had was some pear wine from him. I could drink that like water.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

GuitarGrok is offline Senior Member
    I have been making my own wine for a couple of years now, and I can't drink most cheaper store bought wines now. My favourite white is Muller Thurgau I made 30 bottles about a year ago, and they are all gone so I have another batch on the go. Everyone who has tried it has loved it!! I just finished a batch of Italian Amarone about three months ago which has an extra fermentation step resulting in a high alcohol, and it is great!!! I have also been on a bit of a Cabernet Franc kick lately, they seem to go with a lot of different foods, or great on its own!!!

For bubbly Barefoot vineyards makes a killer Moscato spumante that is now my go to bubbly, it is fairly sweet, and easy to drink, almost too easy!!!

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGrok View Post
    I have been making my own wine for a couple of years now, and I can't drink most cheaper store bought wines now.
    The guy down the street from me, from whom I get my eggs, also makes all kinds of wines. And they're all better than ANY $20 bottle I've had. I'm so spoiled now; I almost cringe when I have to get one from the store. I have an apple /grape wine ready to try that I'm pretty excited about.

Oh, and he gives me most of them for around 5 bucks a bottle.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

diene is offline Senior Member
    Reds:
    Syrah, Bordeaux, Malbec, Cab Franc

Whites:
    Sauvignon Blanc

Duhneekah is offline Junior Member
    Moscato d' Asti . Barefoot wines are cheap and pretty tasty.

GuitarGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duhneekah View Post
    Moscato d' Asti . Barefoot wines are cheap and pretty tasty.
    That is a great bubbly!!! I also dig all of the proseccos that I have tried.

wiltondeportes Guest
    I never was crazy about wine, but my friend was sort of tricked into buying a case of $50/bottle wine. It is delicious. And nutritious.

He lives in arguably the wine capital of the nation, so this winery was about a mile away. The name is Winsome.

When I was in Florida last week, the bar's displayed wine came from about 5 miles from my friend's house.

Actually, it's only 16 bucks here. That's a steal IMO.
    Winsome Old Vine Zinfandel, Winsome Chardonnay, Winsome Cabernet Sauvignon, Winsome Merlot, , http://www.vrwinery.com ,Lodi Wines, Lodi Wine, Lodi Winery, Lodi Zinfandel, Lodi Zinfandel Wines, Lodi Zins, Old Vine Zinfandel, Ancient Vine Zinfandel, Re
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 09-13-2013 at 01:23 PM.

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Oh, and he gives me most of them for around 5 bucks a bottle.
    Sent via F-22 Raptor
    Nice!

I've been drinking Pinot Noir for a while (I had one from New Zealand a while back that was really good). But I think I'm on the cusp of switching to cabs. I am partial to wine from Oregon newzealand/Australia.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    For dry-ish reds, I like a Merlot or Old Vine Zinfandel.

For semi-sweets and sweets I enjoy Late harvest Rieslings, White Merlot, Ice Wine, Plum Wine, Sangria.

I'm not a fan of dry whites so have no suggestions there.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast