Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What wine do you like?

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I like the good stuff, the stuff with a spigot, a handle and a cardboard box around it.
    That's my style! There's a boxed wine called Vitner's Red at Target which I like because it's not too dry or too sweet. Plus, come on, the price is awesome.

I'm not at all experienced with expensive wine... I have a wine fridge full of bottles that were $12 or less and that's just fine with me.

I'm not too picky when it comes to wine. I remember my roommates and I playing "wine pong" with one of those jugs of Sangria to change things up. It was a very fun night . I've tried a few brands from the store, and they've all been hit and miss.

Most of the wine that I drink comes from a good friend of mine, though. He and his family make it, and he'll give me a few bottles here and there for helping him with his math homework. The best wine that I've ever had was some pear wine from him. I could drink that like water.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

I have been making my own wine for a couple of years now, and I can't drink most cheaper store bought wines now. My favourite white is Muller Thurgau I made 30 bottles about a year ago, and they are all gone so I have another batch on the go. Everyone who has tried it has loved it!! I just finished a batch of Italian Amarone about three months ago which has an extra fermentation step resulting in a high alcohol, and it is great!!! I have also been on a bit of a Cabernet Franc kick lately, they seem to go with a lot of different foods, or great on its own!!!

For bubbly Barefoot vineyards makes a killer Moscato spumante that is now my go to bubbly, it is fairly sweet, and easy to drink, almost too easy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGrok View Post
    I have been making my own wine for a couple of years now, and I can't drink most cheaper store bought wines now.
    The guy down the street from me, from whom I get my eggs, also makes all kinds of wines. And they're all better than ANY $20 bottle I've had. I'm so spoiled now; I almost cringe when I have to get one from the store. I have an apple /grape wine ready to try that I'm pretty excited about.

Oh, and he gives me most of them for around 5 bucks a bottle.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Reds:
    Syrah, Bordeaux, Malbec, Cab Franc

Whites:
    Sauvignon Blanc

Moscato d' Asti . Barefoot wines are cheap and pretty tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Duhneekah View Post
    Moscato d' Asti . Barefoot wines are cheap and pretty tasty.
    That is a great bubbly!!! I also dig all of the proseccos that I have tried.

wiltondeportes Guest
    I never was crazy about wine, but my friend was sort of tricked into buying a case of $50/bottle wine. It is delicious. And nutritious.

He lives in arguably the wine capital of the nation, so this winery was about a mile away. The name is Winsome.

When I was in Florida last week, the bar's displayed wine came from about 5 miles from my friend's house.

Actually, it's only 16 bucks here. That's a steal IMO.
    Winsome Old Vine Zinfandel, Winsome Chardonnay, Winsome Cabernet Sauvignon, Winsome Merlot, , http://www.vrwinery.com ,Lodi Wines, Lodi Wine, Lodi Winery, Lodi Zinfandel, Lodi Zinfandel Wines, Lodi Zins, Old Vine Zinfandel, Ancient Vine Zinfandel, Re
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 09-13-2013 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Oh, and he gives me most of them for around 5 bucks a bottle.
    Sent via F-22 Raptor
    Nice!

I've been drinking Pinot Noir for a while (I had one from New Zealand a while back that was really good). But I think I'm on the cusp of switching to cabs. I am partial to wine from Oregon newzealand/Australia.

Shop Now
    For dry-ish reds, I like a Merlot or Old Vine Zinfandel.

For semi-sweets and sweets I enjoy Late harvest Rieslings, White Merlot, Ice Wine, Plum Wine, Sangria.

I'm not a fan of dry whites so have no suggestions there.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012