Thread: Cleansing after Wheat Treat page

maurapprimal is offline Member

Cleansing after Wheat Treat

Hi everyone, hope you're all having a great Thursday

So I was very bad yesterday. There's been a box of traditional glazed donuts in the fridge for a week (the kind that bring back good memories of my grandparents :P), and, though I haven't been craving normal wheat of any kind I just couldn't help myself and had one. Big mistake. Three months of Primal, yes yes I should know better, but I did it and it's done. I think subliminally I'd decided to test myself with wheat again. Bad test is bad. And now 20 hours later my stomach is still killing me. Breakfast and lunch (completely Primal thankfully) were really hard on my stomach, and it's driving me nuts. It's even uncomfortable to drink water.

For those of you who've done the same, or eaten wheat by accident perhaps, do you have any recommendations for dealing with the stomach issues that come with it? I have the feeling I'll just have to suck it up and wait it out, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thanks in advance

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Oh crap, this is bad. Bad bad bad.

I think the only remedy is to self-flagellate your back with strips of bacon while you make bone broth from the horn of a unicorn. A delicious, delicious unicorn. Also, pray to the gods of rump roast.

Eh, eat good stuff, wait it out. You'll be fine.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

little12 is offline Member
    Are you gluten intolerant?? I'm just a little surprised that one donut is killing you for 20 hours! Sounds like a pretty extreme reaction. Do you think your "guilt" is making it worse? I ask because I had that after a weekend of a little too much over-indulging. I think it messed with my head more than my actual tummy. I needed to learn not to beat myself up so much...sounds like you're doing that a little

In the meantime, you can try peppermint tea. It helped calm my belly a little and helped with bloat.

@Mr. Anthony,

I shall grovel before the gods of meat and repent with the tupaware full of bacon I cooked up last night

@little12,

I think I may be slightly intolerant (who isn't?), but it is an unusual reaction for me. And I've had small bits of wheat at different times throughout the past few months without too much issue. The only similar reaction, though not nearly as bad, was when I tested wheat back out for the first time after a month of PB, and it happened to be a cupcake. An organic, very pretty cupcake, but a cupcake. I half wonder if it was the compounding factors of sugar and wheat that is doing it today (Though straight sugar doesn't hurt me, I can down ice cream by the gallon if I'm not careful >.>).

I will get some tea, and maybe ginger

Mis-behave is offline Member

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Burn sage around your home. Get naked tonight and dance under a moon lit sky. Tomorrow, eat nothing except unicorn meat. You'll be fine. Just don't do it again.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

snoops is offline Senior Member
    I find wheat is especially bad for me when mixed with sugar. Maybe why you are reacting so strongly.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    I usually do a twenty-four hour fast after a meal like that and then just resume eating as cleanly as I can. The twenty-four hour period is enough to get some autophagey going on to clean you up and sort of be a short detox, but shouldn't be too taxing. Afterwards, you can just resume eating normally to get your diet back in line.

Quote Originally Posted by snoops View Post
    I find wheat is especially bad for me when mixed with sugar. Maybe why you are reacting so strongly.
    I'm thinking this is probably the case. The last time I had wheat before this had some sugar, but not nearly as much and the reaction was minimal (real butter, straight from the orchard-apple pancakes: couldn't resist).

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Might also be some nasty vege oils in your donut.

Sorry for your bad reaction but it is a great incentive to get back to fully primal. I think we just get used to feeling so good and forget what it's like to feel bad.