Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Utterly Frustrated- How to Proceed? page

trigirl85 is offline Senior Member

Utterly Frustrated- How to Proceed?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ok, I am completely tear-my-pillows up frustrated at this point. I have GAINED 2# in 6 weeks since I last weighed myself, my measurement have gone down minisculy but I am not even sure I am measuring in the same place I did as last time except with my bicep and bust area. I have been tracking in my journal for about 2.5 weeks which you can see from the link in my signature. Before that I was tracking online and was eating around 6% carbs with calories between 1500-1700. I am 5'63/4" female BTW so while 172 does not in fact look like 172 with clothes on it as I am pretty sure I have mostly the fat that sits internally and not the grabable kind. PLEASE take a look at my journal and let me know what you think. I have been considering going up to 50-60 grams like mark suggests in his book with only <50 on IF days because clearly this hasn't really been working. I have 20# to lose and I haven't really lost anything in the 9.5 weeks I've been on this plan.
    Edible, adj.: Good to eat, and wholesome to digest, as a worm to a toad, a toad to a snake, a snake to a pig, a pig to a man, and a man to a worm. ~Ambrose Bierce

(R)evolutionary Cuisine

My Journal

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    You are doing a lot of exercise so it's probably muscle.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

tabithatoes is offline Member
    You have been doing a lot of strength training, so this 2lbs could easily be attributed to water weight or muscle gain!

You've measured your weight on two different scales, and have faulty measurements. I would personally ignore those results until you get a consistent reading. My doctor's scale, home scale, and gym scale all give me different readings, sometimes varying as much as 5lbs. Also your weight will be different depending on the time of day and your menstrual cycle.

So... how do you FEEL? And are you seeing any changes in the mirror? Increased strength and endurance? I think these things are a better indicator of your current success with PB. If you're really set on losing fat (not weight in general) then set up a monthly appointment at a local gym to have your BF% measured by a professional.

I skimmed through your journal, and other than being WAY to hard on yourself, I think you're definitely on the right path Hope this helps!

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rphlslv View Post
    You are doing a lot of exercise so it's probably muscle.
    yep+1

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    yep yep, dont automatically assume it's fat. What does the mirror tell you.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    I totally sympathize though, I just took some 'after' pictures, compared it to 3 weeks ago, and see hardly any difference. At best I didn't gain at weight.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

I completely agree that I am too hard on myself, a Type A trait I struggle to get away from daily. I guess I just thought after being on this low carb plan for over 2 months I might finally be able to be down around 160 or lower AND be leaner. As it is, I agree with you rphlslv, I really don't see too much of a difference. I suppose if I'm really straining to see something I feel like my upper body might be a bit more defined but it's not really noticeable. I know I am stronger because I have been steadily moving up in the 100 push-up program and I do feel stronger. I just don't see why my weight has to continue to remain so high. I know you shouldn't get stuck on numbers, but I mean SOME downward movement would be appreciated.

Oh, and to answer you Tabitha, I have been struggling with my body feeling really tired and sore especially this week with a lot of brain fog which I am not sure if it is having done a ton of exercise last week or starting a 9 hour job from just a school schedule and I need to adjust. This morning during my 18 hr IF I feel great energy wise- body is still pretty fatigued, had a good yoga class though. I think I may either a) be doing too much heavy lifting too fast and should back down to 2 days a week with one sprint (swimming starting tomorrow) or b) I should try carbs around 50-60g like mark recommends unless Ifing although this is a challenge for me.
    Last edited by trigirl85; 06-05-2010 at 09:40 AM.
    Edible, adj.: Good to eat, and wholesome to digest, as a worm to a toad, a toad to a snake, a snake to a pig, a pig to a man, and a man to a worm. ~Ambrose Bierce

(R)evolutionary Cuisine

My Journal

Chairdr is offline Senior Member
    forget your weight, how do you feel. dont be a slave to the scale. Im even ok if you feel that you look good, which in turn will make you feel good. Count carbs not pounds.(if you have an urge to count)

So I guess the issue here is I don't feel awesome, I don't think I look much different much less great, and I have been keeping my carbs way in check with absolutely no cheats whatsoever in 9.5 weeks. THAT is why I am so frustrated, the number on the scale is just the last straw on the camel's back. And I have been checked for every illness under the sun and I am not hypothyroid, I do have an autoimmune disease but it does not cause weight gain in and of itself. So I don't see any obvious roadblocks here explaining why I am not seeing the results.
    Last edited by trigirl85; 06-05-2010 at 10:36 AM.

(R)evolutionary Cuisine

My Journal

denise is offline Senior Member
    I have to say, you articulate my fears exactly. Hard not to get discouraged when you feel you are doing everything "right" but don't feel you are reaping the rewards. Mind you - I am worrying in advance of beginning - you at least have gone for it!! SO, well done you!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast