View Poll Results: Should diene delete her posts?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, delete them all!

3 12.00%
  • No, don't delete anything, and don't worry. I trust Mr. Perfidy.

5 20.00%
  • Don't bother deleting anything--you're screwed anyway.

6 24.00%
  • Don't delete anything, but threaten Mr. Perfidy with something.

11 44.00%
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: So It Turns out that Mr. Perfidy and I... page 12

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    What I mean blacksmith is that I have good posture, and am decently attractive and virile looking, and when they are nosing around, I show them none of the creeping, cowardly courtesies and indignities called by their cattle "politeness." Thus I was often a target of police harassment.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Omg. Really?

1 love can be true at first, then die down after a few years. It is natural and evolutionary.
    2 societal pressure to get married. Old maid still carries a stigma to it.
    3 economic factors***

I am happy you found the one, but please don't extrapolate your narrow experiences to a one-size-fits-all schema.
    1: I've seen that happen. What people call 'true love' is infatuation. It happens without any concern for compatibility or the long-term. It's like lust followed by bonding. 'True love' is a myth. All the 'signs' of true love correlate more closely with rape than with the most successful (least pain, most joy, no splits) long-term relationships. [Clarification. 'True love': infatuation, blind, lust, knows no limits, unconditional. The urge behind rape: infatuation, blind, lust, knows no limits, unconditional. Long-term marriages: affection, closeness (do most things together), compatibility, ability to analyze and defuse potential problems early on.]
    2: Giving in to a societal pressure is weak.
    3: Marrying for economy makes sense, but that isn't a proper relationship. I've known people who married just so they could reproduce and divorced once the kids grew up. That is a business agreement.

Again, I'm not saying what people should or shouldn't do. I'm just saying that what they choose to do makes no sense.
    Last edited by Kochin; 09-12-2013 at 03:07 PM.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    I have good posture, and am decently attractive and virile looking
    Pics or it didn't happen

Or maybe Diene can confirm for us!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

she still doesn't know who I am My facebook pictures are all pre-primal though
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    1: I've seen that happen. What people call 'true love' is infatuation. It happens without any concern for compatibility or the long-term. It's like lust followed by bonding. 'True love' is a myth. All the 'signs' of true love correlate more closely with rape than with the most successful (least pain, most joy, no splits) long-term relationships.
    Wow. Not contesting anything you said, but can you expand on that? I'm interested.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Kochin...We are talking about how me and Diene are real people that really met. Go to that other thread!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    Kochin...We are talking about how me and Diene are real people that really met. Go to that other thread!!!!
    As you may have guessed, you don't have my answer. I am talking to people who may have an answer of sorts. Turquoise seems to be touching on something sensical.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I'd apologize, but...

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Wow. Not contesting anything you said, but can you expand on that? I'm interested.
    I edited it to include the 'driving forces' (as explained by others) behind rape and what people believe 'true love' to be.
    --

--
    I'd apologize, but...

No, rape is about power. So are many relationships though.

- Ray Peat

Oh dear...

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast