Thread: Breakfast ideas before the gym page

jenhamer is offline Junior Member

Breakfast ideas before the gym

Shop Now
    Before i go to the gym every morning i always like a quick breakfast, before going paleo i woould have porridge oats with almond milk and blueberries. Since going Paleo i am struggling to find quick brreakfasts for me, I have discovered banana and egg pancake which i have been having a few days which is amazing,. However i dont want it every day, the only other breakfast i have been having is gluten free oats, almond milk, nuts and blueberries? Does anyone have any other suggestions, that wont sit too heavy on my tummy

toscamulder is offline Senior Member
    Couple of eggs with some (sweet) potato will fuel you. Try for yourself how much food you need, to be both energized and not too full.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Hard (or soft) boiled eggs are great; fat, protein, but they're very light and don't weigh you down while working out. I usually have 2-3 before a high intensity work-out.

T.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    You could make an egg casserole. Basically mix any cooked vegetables (onion, peppers, sweet potatoes, broccoli, etc.), ground meat of any kind if you want it, and 8-12 whisked eggs and pour it all into a baking dish, bake until set. Cut into serving size pieces.

fmyurich is offline Member
    Google banana egg white oatmeal. Its basically what it says minus the oatmeal. My wife has made it for me on several occasions and it's good stuff.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I just eat a half a banana with almond butter on each bite plus a cup of black coffee.

I eat small so I won't feel full working out. Then after my workout I have a real breakfast at my desk of cold stuff from home and microwaved sweet potatoes that I keep in my office.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3