Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gut Healing page 3

Jimm is offline Member
    Some of my local stores carry packaged ferments

Fermented Black Radish - Organic and Unpasteurized, from Wise Choice Marke

Momto3 is offline Senior Member
    I had years of digestive issues pre-primal. Then it improved some, then got worse once primal. Here is what happened and what helped.

I spent a year experimenting with eliminating FODMAPS, adding different fermented foods, probiotics, etc, etc. It got really bad when I did a Whole 30. It finally pointed me to not enough stomach acid. I played with HCL supplments and it helped a bit, but then it got worse once again. I finally went to see a functional Nurse Practitioner to get a Comprehensive Stool Test. It came back positive for H.Pylori, mold and extreme gluten sensitivity. I had been primal for almost three years and 98% gluten free, but that little bit of exposure looked like I had been eating it for ages. So, after treatment of antibiotics and then a focus on healing with L-glutamine and aloe, plus adding soluble fiber with acacia powder I am doing SO So So much better. I have been able to reintroduce coconut and greens (cooked). I am vigiliant about gluten and hidden gluten. I am happy to eat FODMAPS now. (love artichokes!) That poop test was so worth it.
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 146.8 - size 10/12
    Goal:135 - size 8

My Journal

Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Rebuilding the Gut

Basic Protocol

This protocol should be used for most patients unless otherwise indicated.

For a month:

8,000 Mg L-Glutamine – Take in divided doses, 3x a day on an empty stomach if possible
    Follow Average Probiotic Protocol For A Month
    Life Extension Bio Curcumin – Follow General Supplement Recommendations
    N-acetylglucosamine (Don’t Use if Allergic to Shellfish) – Follow General Supplement Recommendations

For three months:

600 mg Magnesium Glycinate – Take Before Bed

< L-Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid and helps rebuild both the stomach lining and the gut.
    The probiotic protocol will replace the good bacteria in your gut.
    The Curcumin is used to increase immune cells in the gut and heal inflammation.
    N-acetylglucosamine is made by the body to increase mucus production in the stomach and gut and to make a protective barrier. >

Severe Protocol

For a month:

20,000 Mg L-Glutamine – Take in divided doses, 3x a day on an empty stomach if possible. Reduce by 5,000 mg each week until completed.

Follow Advanced Probiotic Protocol For A Month

Life Extension Bio Curcumin – Follow General Supplement Recommendations

N-acetylglucosamine (Don’t Use if Allergic to Shellfish) – Follow General Supplement Recommendations
    SeaCure White Fish Protein Supplement (Don’t Use if Allergic to Fish) – Follow General Supplementation Recommendation

For three months:

600 mg Magnesium Glycinate – Take Before Bed
    <The increase in L-Glutamine is to help the intestine heal greater.
    The Seacure supplement is very high in amino acids that can help heal the gut lining.>
    My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gut. The book price is $7.99.

I also offer coaching: http://fixyourgut.com/fixyourgut-coaching/.

www.fixyourgut.com
    Twitter: @fixyourgutjb

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123