Thread: Gall stones, Kidney stones, Uterine fibroids....nutrition caused?? page

Kris T is offline Senior Member

Gall stones, Kidney stones, Uterine fibroids....nutrition caused??

Shop Now
    20 years ago I had my gall bladder removed. It was more than 1/2 full of tiny sandy gall stones.
    12 years ago I had my first Kidney stone. The ultrasound showed I have 4 more in there, but not an episode of passing one since then.
    4 months ago I had a hysterectomy due to uterine fibroids.

So, my question is - are all these 'growths' I have in connection with eating a CW diet all my life??

I know there is a family history of gall/kidney stones. No fibroids in other family members that I know about.

I am really curious about why my body keeps GROWING THINGS!!!
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Did you have the kidney stone sent for lab analysis? Sometimes they are caused by what you're eating. Not sure about uterine fibroids, but gallstones could also be caused by your diet.

Types of Kidney Stones, UW Health, University of Wisconsin Hospital, Madison , UW Health, University of Wisconsin Hospital, Madison

Gallstones can be caused by a number of factors like age, ethnicity, obesity, crash diets, oral contraceptives, hereditary, high fat diet and statin drug.
    Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Yes nutrition is a big factor as is any physical or emotional stress and other chemical toxins of the environment. That pretty much covers all the main factors. Find and fix the culprits associated with those root causes and you should be able to rid yourself of such ailments.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    This article might help shed some light on the gallstones. Even though it is from a low-carb blog and even though primal doesn't necessarily mean you need to go low-carb, there may still be some useful information about it. Mark's program, even if done in a high carb way, eliminates acellular carbohydrate and usually reduces carbohydrate compared to a CW or junk-food diet.
    Carbohydrates and gallstones The Blog of Michael R. Eades, M.D.

As for fibroids, I think I have read somewhere that those types of things might be related to a lack of iodine, but some of the iodine stuff seems a little fringe. I wouldn't be surprised if fibroids were a dietary matter related to a lack of a lot of things combined with an excess of other things in a typical diet since so many women end up with them.

As for kidney stones, a lot of people believe you can get them from too much protein, but actual research doesn't prove this. Here's a page from Mark's blog about kidney stones.
    Mark's Daily Apple
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Kris T is offline Senior Member
    Thanks everyone....Lots to read and learn.

Wish I would have found this lifestyle 20+ years ago. Maybe I wouldn't have 'grown' so many things, or had the issues I have. Luckily I found it now and can live the remainder of my life in a healthy state!
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150