Thread: Primal for a heart patient? page

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member

Primal for a heart patient?

Dear Mark,

I first want to thank you for this internet corner, it helps me a lot with finding good food ideas and trainings advise.
    I'm 30 and for the last 11 years I have been a heart failure patient. I got it when an influenca case went wrong and attacked my heart muscle. My cardiologist said it was chronic and couldn't be cured, only meds make it a bit better.
    I'm doing really good right now, I can work 6 hours a day, keep a household and exercise regularly. However I have a lot of bad days. Days that I feel like I'm 80. Sore muscles, tired bones and massive head aches. Also I have skin issues due to my medication.
    For the last 2 years I have been researching alternative therapy to get rid of those bad days.
    I found Paleo and Primal eating something that I really want to try but I have a few reservations about it and I was hoping you could take those away.

When I left the hospital 11 years ago I was send home with a set of rules:
    - no more than 1,5 liter fluids a day, this includes yoghurt, fruit, etc.
    - no more than 2000mg sodium a day
    - no more than 3 eggs a week
    - no more than 3 banana's a week.
    - exercise 2 time a week at a slow pace. or walk for 30 minutes each day.
    - no more weight than 75 kilo.

The rules have changed a bit when I got a new doctor last april but I'm still clinging to what has worked for me in the last 10 years... only it isn't working completely...

As you see these set of rules interfere with the primal life style quite a bit. especially the salt and eggs intake. I'm also worried about the high protien intake that might cause high blood pressure and other issues.
    I have never done good on potatoes, pasta, bread and rice but my doctor says you've got to get the engine going so eat a lot. (6 slices of bread a day and a good dinner)...

I'm a bit worried about getting into the primal diet, though the work out schedule is brilliant for me...

Could you take my fears away with a well-researched answer (I don't trust people easily and want to see hard facts before I make a choice)

It would be great help...

Love from Holland.
    Marielle

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Very unusual case. I don't know how authoratative most of us can be, though there are a few doctors around. But whatever real foods you end up choosing to eat, there is nothing to lose by giving up the trash food.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Dr. William Davies may be better able to address your concerns. He's a cardiologist and author of Wheat Belly.

Wheat Belly Blog | Lose the Wheat Lose the Weight

or Dr. Cate Shanahan : http://drcate.com/deep-nutrition-the...n-engineering/
    Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.