Thread: Any advice on becoming a Trainer like Jim Laird or Jason Seib? page

BeatMD is offline Member

Any advice on becoming a Trainer like Jim Laird or Jason Seib?

Shop Now
    I really would like to become trainer like these two. I feel I'm very smart to be 24 years old, when it come to working out and eating right. Would you recommend I get my cert in strength and conditioning? A crossfit cert?
    I would love to open my own gym up. Not you standard scan and go gobo gym.
    Please no Trolls
    Thanks

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    I'd forget about a crossfit cert. Imho it's meaningless as the sole cert of a trainer as it's a weekend course which I've never heard of anyone failing.

That's not to say that there aren't good crossfit certified coaches out there, but my guess who's be that they were already good coaches before they did the crossfit cert.

Look into the cert offered by catalyst athletics maybe, or find a good gym of the type you'd like to open and see if they can offer advice, training or perhaps an internship. That way you get experience if the business management side of things too.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatMD View Post
    I really would like to become trainer like these two. I feel I'm very smart to be 24 years old, when it come to working out and eating right. Would you recommend I get my cert in strength and conditioning? A crossfit cert?
    I would love to open my own gym up. Not you standard scan and go gobo gym.
    Please no Trolls
    Thanks

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    Why don't you ask them?

My advice is to read absolutely everything that you can about strength training and nutrition. All aspects of it. Being good at one thing doesn't make you a good trainer and being an intelligent person doesn't make you a good trainer either. Knowing your shit does. Find the best coaches in your area and ask if you can apprentice. Being the best takes learning from the best.