Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there any way to make sprinting fun? page

CaliforniaGirl is offline Senior Member

Is there any way to make sprinting fun?

Shop Now
    I am having a REALLY, REALLY hard time getting on a regular sprinting schedule. I just don't like to do exercise that isn't fun and I don't find sprinting to be fun. I have no problem with hiking, swimming in an alpine lake, walking around San Francisco, jumping on my mini trampoline, walking on the beach, etc. because those things are fun. Also, how often are we really supposed to do this? Also, if there is any way this can be done in my house without me having to go anywhere that would help. Any ideas to make this easier and even a little fun will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Just run and down the stairs for 5-10 minutes.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

zizou is offline Senior Member
    Simple answer, play a sport. I do all my sprinting in my once a week indoor soccer session

I also agree i hate exercise unless it fulfills some sort of purpose and doesn't feel like exercise. Sport ticks that, and for LHT i think some sort of laborous work is the way to go.

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    I only ever do sprinting now because its so much faster..I also started using a jump rope to mix things up

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Taunt dangerous wild animals.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    hire someone very scary looking to chase you
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

OldSchhool is offline Senior Member
    I just make sure I'm behind something like this !

CaliforniaGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    hire someone very scary looking to chase you
    I love your funny replies with the wild animals and scary people. I actually kind of figured it out. Here is what I did. I found this large online clock with a second hand, and I put on a re-run of Desperate Housewives and I tiled the Windows so I could see both of them on at the same time on my computer screen. Then I warmed up for a few minutes on my mini-trampoline, then I jumped off for 30 seconds and ran in place really, really fast, hopped back on for 90 seconds, then jumped at a moderate pace and did 8 sets of this. It felt really fun because I got to watch Desperate Housewives while sprinting so I think my problem is solved.

A couple of times, I did sprinting on the beach barefoot and that really worked out also. Sprinting, getting grounded and getting vitamin D - its was a good combination, but I don't always have enough time. I am also open to other ideas people have. The stairs and jump roping that other people suggested could work too. Thanks.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchhool View Post
    I just make sure I'm behind something like this !
    looks like old school's volunteering to be the scary chaser
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    looks like old school's volunteering to be the scary chaser
    Lol. Hahahaha.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast