Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there any way to make sprinting fun? page 2

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Race somebody!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Got a cat or are there cats in your neighborhood ? try to run after a cat to catch it ... or you can use the famed Rocky Balboa trick: run after a chicken

markbeauty is offline Junior Member
    :D:D yes,very great!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Also, maybe you aren't actually sprinting. In a real sprint, you feel like your feet have vaporized and you've just sprouted wings, like the rest of the planet is frozen and you have conquered time and space. You start wondering if you're going to generate a sonic rainboom, and then you notice the pounding in your chest, start facing reality, and revv it down just before your heart explodes. Then you lay in the grass panting and gasping, noticing the sparkles in your vision as they throb and appear and disappear, and realize if a prey animal found you now, you'd have no chance of fighting it off because your whole body feels like lead weights. Have you really run that hard and not enjoyed it?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Sprinting sucks. No getting around it. You might consider using a tabata timer. Then the total sprint session including rest is only a little over 4 minutes. I find it is safest to use an exercise bike so you don't have to worry about tripping and falling and you can close your eyes during the sprint.

Mark says every 7 - 10 days is enough but I have seen recommendations of 2x a week, too.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Also, maybe you aren't actually sprinting. In a real sprint, you feel like your feet have vaporized and you've just sprouted wings, like the rest of the planet is frozen and you have conquered time and space. You start wondering if you're going to generate a sonic rainboom, and then you notice the pounding in your chest, start facing reality, and revv it down just before your heart explodes. Then you lay in the grass panting and gasping, noticing the sparkles in your vision as they throb and appear and disappear, and realize if a prey animal found you now, you'd have no chance of fighting it off because your whole body feels like lead weights. Have you really run that hard and not enjoyed it?
    Yeah, make sure the bear/Old Schhhhhhool/lion knows he's not allowed to eat/maim/eviscerate you during your rest intervals.

CaliforniaGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I have wondered about that. Dr. Mercola says to use a heart rate monitor while sprinting to make sure your heart rate is in the right range to be sure that you are expending enough effort so that you know that you are really sprinting and will get results. I did get the HRM but haven't figured out how to use it yet.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    How to make sprinting fun? It's not fun for me, so I just don't do them. Yes, a primal law breaker here. Catch me if you can. Oh wait, I don't sprint, so catching me should be easy...

BurritoJimmy is offline Junior Member
    Watch the Rocky 4 training scene before sprinting.

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    Go to a crowded place and scream like an 8 year old whilst sprinting. It's fun to get others sprinting with you.

Or you could just jump up as high as you can and cushion your landing by squating ass to grass for sets of twenty. That can be fun in an oh my god this sucks one of way.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast