Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How many grocery stores do you go to? page 4

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Three total, but one of them gets 90%+ of my business. I value my time more than I value saving a few bucks. On major purchases, where savings can be substantial, I do a lot of research before buying and often shop online. But for food, the savings generally aren't enough to justify driving from store to store burning up my gas and my time.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Alexis47 is offline Member
    I get my food from two places, soon to be three.
    Pastured eggs come from a farm through my stepmother's boss.
    Everything else comes from Central Market (sort of like whole foods, but what it should be like--tons of fresh fish, grass fed beef and lamb, pastured dairy, and a whole lot less of the packaged stuff).
    As soon as the new freezer gets here, we're ordering half a cow from another farm.

The non-primals in my house get half their food from the above and the rest from Walmart.

mjnyman is offline Junior Member
    I live in New York City, so I order groceries online that are delivered. Get most of my meat and produce there.

I use Whole foods for specialty items and when anything is a good deal there.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexis47 View Post
    I get my food from two places, soon to be three.
    Pastured eggs come from a farm through my stepmother's boss.
    Everything else comes from Central Market (sort of like whole foods, but what it should be like--tons of fresh fish, grass fed beef and lamb, pastured dairy, and a whole lot less of the packaged stuff).
    As soon as the new freezer gets here, we're ordering half a cow from another farm.

The non-primals in my house get half their food from the above and the rest from Walmart.
    I miss central market!! I miss heb too.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Alexis47 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mjnyman View Post
    I live in New York City, so I order groceries online that are delivered. Get most of my meat and produce there.
    When I lived in Brooklyn, my family ordered from Fresh Direct. They have grass fed stuff. We didn't really take advantage of it, though--back then, we mostly ate waffles, diet ice cream, and fake meat.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexis47 View Post
    When I lived in Brooklyn, my family ordered from Fresh Direct. They have grass fed stuff. We didn't really take advantage of it, though--back then, we mostly ate waffles, diet ice cream, and fake meat.
    Hm. I live in NYC. I might have to price compare now with the local butchershop.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234