Thread: Benefits of putting sea salt in your water.

Benefits of putting sea salt in your water.

Shop Now
    I heard some mentioning putting sea salt in there water. What are the benefits to doing that?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

I add salt to many things (including water in Summer), because I otherwise get sodium dehydration. Sodium dehydration is where you're drinking enough water, but just pissing it out again, due to an absence of salt. So you're drinking 4l a day, pissing clear, your throat and mouth are dry, your skin is drying, your eyes are itchy...etc Add salt and you can drink normally and rehydrate normally again.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Wow that's crazy because my mouth is always dry, my skin is dry too. Thanks for commenting.

Quote Originally Posted by BeatMD View Post
    Wow that's crazy because my mouth is always dry, my skin is dry too. Thanks for commenting.

You have to bear in mind that, when you start clean-eating, you can go from getting 400% of your salt requirements to getting 50-110%. If you don't eat much game, seafood or fresh, raw veg, then you could be getting very little salt without noticing it.
    Normally it's enough to eat the aforementioned foods. Over Summer I lose my appetite for them and just eat fruit and meat. In this case, added salt can be medicinal.

Also very natural. Most animals seek natural salt-licks when they run out of sodium-rich food sources.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I'd apologize, but...

I had to put salt in my water when I was passing out from low salt. It sucked, it tastes terrible, and I eventually learned to be sure to put enough salt in my food.

I don't believe in magic salt though- salt is at least 97% salt... and the remainder is other minerals.
    In God we trust; all others must bring data. W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

http://www.himalasalt.com/index.php?...s_&display=218

Can't say if it makes any difference, but I like starting the day with a couple of glasses of water with a tablespoon of sole added.

I mainly drink filtered water at home and work, so I figure that this replaces minerals that would naturally be present in fresh water from springs or streams etc.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

I had been trying to do very low sodium. I get plenty of water and veg containing water. But my last couple blood tests showed me dehydrated. Not at all good when you tend to produce kidney stones. Now I use sea salt in moderation. We'll see how the next test goes.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

It's completely useless and pointless to put salt in your water if you get enough in your food already. Do you eat bacon, sausasage, fermented foods, and seafood?

If you answered yes, you're getting plenty already.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    It's completely useless and pointless to put salt in your water if you get enough in your food already. Do you eat bacon, sausasage, fermented foods, and seafood?

If you answered yes, you're getting plenty already.
    I'd base it on physical state.
    If you suffer the symptoms I suffered, you need more salts. Your options are eating the above foods, salting your water or getting a salt-lick. All of these behaviours mimic natural animal responses to low sodium.

If you don't dehydrate easily and can rehydrate by drinking water, you're fine for salt.
    --

--
    I'd apologize, but...

Shop Now
    I mainly drink filtered water at home and work, so I figure that this replaces minerals that would naturally be present in fresh water from springs or streams etc.+1