Thread: Primal in San Diego page

Duba32 is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Hey! I'm moving to San Diego and was wondering if anyone knows of any good grass-fed butcher shops and organic produce stands? Also, I'll be looking for a good crossfit gym if anyone knows of one in SD!

I've lived with four of my friends for the past two years which has made it really hard to keep the primal lifestyle. I'm really excited to be able to get away from all the "temptations" of poor living that I've been surrounded by! Does anyone else get annoyed when someone considers "spinach flavored burrito wraps" healthy?

JohnB Guest

I have not actually purchased any Grass Fed Beef here yet, because I had already ordered 80# before I found them.

If you try them out, please let us know...

I will probably check on prices for a side from them in the next month or so.

http://www.homegrownmeats.com/home31/home-grown

Catalina is offline Member

The best organic produce selection I've found is at the Farmer's Market in Hillcrest on Sunday. (Google San Diego Farmers Markets and it will give you the location/time.) There's also a guy there who sells pastured chickens and eggs. So far, for me, Whole Foods and Trader Joe's have been the best source for beef.

Good luck!

shastagirl Guest

i recommend trader joes and farmers markets, although up here the beef is very expensive in comparison to buying it from a friend of ours for $3 a pound whatever cut we wish ($6 a pound at the markets). also i just got back from visiting there, and found this great little bar that serves all whole organic food. they have grass fed beef, sustainable chicken, home grown veggies etc. its called bare back. you may have heard of it.

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

Homegrown Meats in La Jolla has all grass fed/grass finished meat. Their lamp chops were delish. Otherwise I just stick with Whole Foods when I can afford it.

When are you moving here?

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

Oh yeah, and the farmer's market off Scripps Poway Parkway has fresh wild caught fish on Saturdays but you have to get there right when they open cuz they sell out fast. You can get a pound and a half of tuna for $5. That market also has organic produce and eggs.

Duba32 is offline Junior Member

PrimalCon New York

Thanks guys! I am leaving on the 10-11th of this month. I haven't heard of Bare Back, but I will definitely look into it. I guess I will have to do some running around to see where I can get the best deals. Whole Foods is awesome, but it is a little spendy... I guess that is the price you pay to eat naturally! I will check out the farmers markets as well. Thanks again for the help!