Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unloading a heavy a$$ bar after others in the squat rack... page

Gorbag is offline Senior Member

Unloading a heavy a$$ bar after others in the squat rack...

Primal Fuel
    Yesterday I went to the gym, and a typical slob of a power-lifter was doing short ranged partial shrugs in the squat rack with six plates on each side of the bar. When finishing the lazy bastard left the bar - and the gym - with the plates and I had to unload all his mess to get into the power rack to do my usual dumbbell curls!

Does it happen often that you must clean up the mess after other persons when you need the squat rack for curls or lateral flies?

Finally I could start doing my dumbbell curls though;

Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    I go to the YMCA and never have had to unload after anybody....even in the curl rack

Everyone there seems to clean up after themselves very well, but I think its in part cause there are elderly AND very young people working out there and who wants to be the asshole that leaves 45lb plates for great grandma to clean up.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    I work out in the loft in my condo. And I don't have 6 pairs of plates. I actually only have 2 and pretty seriously need to get a third so I can stop using all 3 sets of 25's when I deadlift.

OldSchhool is offline Senior Member
    Yeah that's always a pain in the ass, if there was any fairness in this world the bar they left would fall on them from a great height as they leave the gym just like stuff falls on Wile.E coyote in the cartoons !

I have to ask....Why do you need the Power rack for those curls ???

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchhool View Post
    Why do you need the Power rack for those curls ???
    He's just baiting us. I'd say "trolling," but people get upset by that term nowadays.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Why, just the other day, I had to strip someone else's bar in order to do butterfly sit-ups in the squat rack!

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    I deal with this all the time. Young guys that are so used to mommy cleaning up after them that they don't know how to do it themselves. So I started talking to them like they were kids "If you don't clean up your toys I'm going to take them away!" And I say it really loud so that everyone around can hear it so they feel really sheepish. Seems to work pretty well lol

And ya I have the same question. Why are you using a squat rack to do curls?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Will View Post
    Why are you using a squat rack to do curls?
    Please don't feed the troll. He's doing it to vicariously spite one Mr. Mark Rippetoe, against whom Gorbag has sworn out a personal vendetta.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Rippetoe is against doing curls in the squat rack?

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I treat unloading and restacking the plates as a warm-up. I am one of the inane people who just have to have all the plates to be teh same size and progress from the 2.5 to 45 lbs properly on the side of the rack. People probably hate me.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast