Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pectoralis Minor Injury? page 2

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post

Well, it's not as heavy as I'd like it to be. What are you weighted chinning these days?
    Wouldn't know. My gym "lost" the weighted belt a few weeks back. I gotta go buy my own. Lately I've been doing rows or pullovers and jumping right up to do some BW chins with no rest, just to keep em in the program. Damn. No excuse though. I just gotta go buy a belt.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Wouldn't know. My gym "lost" the weighted belt a few weeks back. I gotta go buy my own. Lately I've been doing rows or pullovers and jumping right up to do some BW chins with no rest, just to keep em in the program. Damn. No excuse though. I just gotta go buy a belt.
    Don't buy one. Make one.

6' bike lock cable (with the loops at both ends)
    a length of pipe insulation or pool noodle
    Some duct tape
    A carabiner

I've been doing doubles with as much as 90# hanging off mine comfortably. And the total cost, depending on what you have laying around the garage, is like $10-15.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Don't buy one. Make one.

6' bike lock cable (with the loops at both ends)
    a length of pipe insulation or pool noodle
    Some duct tape
    A carabiner

I've been doing doubles with as much as 90# hanging off mine comfortably. And the total cost, depending on what you have laying around the garage, is like $10-15.
    That works, but I got a comfortable MIR nylon dip belt for something like 25 bucks a while back by keeping an eye on amazon and eBay for deals. It's rated to something silly, like 400 lbs. Both good options.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    That works, but I got a comfortable MIR nylon dip belt for something like 25 bucks a while back by keeping an eye on amazon and eBay for deals. It's rated to something silly, like 400 lbs. Both good options.
    Well, mine's rated for withstanding pesky teenagers who want to steal your bike. And I already had the carabiner. So

Seriously though, mine's also super comfortable, it's the plastic-coated cable, not like a linked chain. But yeah, you need a solution because you were embarrassing me in the "what is your workout today" thread with your weighted chins, and it lit a fire under my ass.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12