Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: teen laziness at its finest page

emshaugh is offline Junior Member

teen laziness at its finest

Shop Now
    hi
    so basically this is my first time on the forum (am i doing this right???)
    and im here to complain about laziness

how can i get my skinny 15 year old body to move? aka, how do i pump myself up to actually do it? i want to do it but i cant seem to move myself towards the weights

got any advice for a primal highschooler? other than joining a sport? (i get bored fast and i like to mix up my workouts)
    got a gym in my garage so im all set!

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member

Liam is offline Member
    Loud music and thinking about how the workouts will get you more interest from whoever you are attracted to.

Emofedom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emshaugh View Post
    hi

how can i get my skinny 15 year old body to move? aka, how do i pump myself up to actually do it? i want to do it but i cant seem to move myself towards the weights

got any advice for a primal highschooler? other than joining a sport? (i get bored fast and i like to mix up my workouts)
    From personal experience at first it's hard. You have to make yourself. After a while though it gets addictive because you feel good that your working out and you start seeing the changes in your body as your toning up. Just make yourself start and it will eventually be something you can't wait to do.

I start off taking my iPad and playing episodes of "extreme weight loss" because while I was doing my cardio I would tell myself if those people that are twice my size or more can do this so can I. I don't need anything to motivate me now because I have this picture in my mind of what I want my body to look like. Find a fitness model picture for inspiration.

Em
    "Adapt and Overcome"

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emshaugh View Post
    hi

Eat more

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Not only teens have these issues!!! I don't seem to have the energy to get moving at all...
    What helps for me is to have a partner in crime... I have made the appointment with my bf to play tennis at least once a week.
    Now my bf is much better so it's hard to beat him, I have to train for that. Weights en stamina... so my motivation to beat him just once gets my lazy behind to move...

Fossman is offline Member
    If you have a friend who wants to start working out too that is the best motivator I found. Once you have been working out for awhile though the gains and rewards make you want to keep lifting. I also find listing out clear goals helps to keep me motivated. Once you reach a goal set new ones always challenging yourself and I keep a record of my workouts so I can see how close I am getting to my goals.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Emofedom View Post
    From personal experience at first it's hard. You have to make yourself. After a while though it gets addictive because you feel good that your working out and you start seeing the changes in your body as your toning up. Just make yourself start and it will eventually be something you can't wait to do.
    I whole-heartedly agree. I saw an ad for a t-shirt on the Paleo Mom (http://www.thepaleomom.com/) that said "It's only effort until it's routine" and I think that is very true. When I first started lifting weights a few years ago, it was an effort and I didn't really enjoy it. Now I really look forward to it. Seeing changes in your strength and physique is a great motivator as well.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    What do you like to do? If you want to meet girls, join dancing/zumba whatever - you are guaranteed to stand out. If you like computer games, use Wii. If you like nature, go for hikes or plant a garden. If you like chilling out, go shoot the hoops or to the hot tub in the pool (and put in a few laps). If you are poetic, go for a poetic walk and compose a few verses as you walk or jog. If you want a company of men and many mirrors, invite a buddy (in my experience, young men who come in larger groups are not gonna do well).

And, there are martial arts where a skinny youth can do fantastic.
    Last edited by Leida; 09-11-2013 at 06:10 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

keehansen is offline Junior Member
    you are right,I keep a record of my workouts so I can see how close I am getting to my goals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast