Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guys: What should I wear on a date? page

heatseeker is offline Senior Member

Guys: What should I wear on a date?

Shop Now
    I'm shamelessly using these boards to crowdsource some man opinions. This is mostly because somehow I keep dating douchebags and I'm looking to raise the quality level of my romantic escapades--and the guys on here generally talk and converse like the kind of guy I'd like to date, so I figure y'all's opinions will help me stop attracting clueless dudebros.

Scenario: You're going on a first date with a girl you've met before but don't know all that well--or maybe it's a blind date. In an ideal world, what is she wearing? SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY. What kinds of outfits on ladies light your fire?

Cave Bird is offline Member
    Hurry up and answer guys, I'm DYING to hear what you say!

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Guys really don't care. Seriously. Don't look like a slob or a crazy cat lady or something nutty and you'll be fine. Wear something that gives you confidence; confidence is the best thing to wear on a date.

And if you have a habit of dating d-bags, it isn't because of your wardrobe. Change your mindset.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure what it's called, but I have a serious weakness for girls in leggings under a shirt that's slightly too long (or is it a dress that's slightly too short?).

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    Better set an age target here--what would appeal to a 49yo like me probably isn't what the 20somethings are looking for!

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Oh right. I'm 28. The guy I'm seeing tonight is 29.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    And if you have a habit of dating d-bags, it isn't because of your wardrobe. Change your mindset.
    Excellent advice, very helpful. I'll just reach into my brain and flip that switch. There we go! Done!

In all seriousness, I think it's just that the Venn diagram of "guys who lift/work out" and "guys who have more than two brain cells to rub together" is unfortunately narrow, out there in the real world. On here, everybody is generally fit and also smart, but IRL, that is not the case. And it's not like I'm only seeking ripped guys, just that my interests are largely fitness AND I work in fitness so I tend to mostly meet people from that world.

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Hmm. Assuming you're not planning on flying out to Colorado to hang out with a ripped/smart dude I have a buddy in Austin. He's not ripped (yet) but is good with paleo and workouts and should be before too long. Smart and nice; good dude, not a d-bag.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    A nice smelling perfume! Except from that as little outfits as possible most of the date…
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    I'm not a dude, but I worked as a stylist so I got this question a lot.

Always wear an old favorite (not too trendy, something classic) rather than a new dress/outfit. You need to troubleshoot your outfit (ie. if it rides up constantly, if there is tons of static, if it wrinkles easily, etc. etc.) before a date.

I always wear a t-shirt dress that's kind of clingy, one piece of jewelry, and heels (unless we are walking a ton...in which case some cute oxfords). Simple, not FASHUN, but you made an effort.

Hair down.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Jefferson1775 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I'm not sure what it's called, but I have a serious weakness for girls in leggings under a shirt that's slightly too long (or is it a dress that's slightly too short?).
    Sorority chicks? Around here, they mostly wear yoga pants and XXL t-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    In all seriousness, I think it's just that the Venn diagram of "guys who lift/work out" and "guys who have more than two brain cells to rub together" is unfortunately narrow, out there in the real world. On here, everybody is generally fit and also smart, but IRL, that is not the case. And it's not like I'm only seeking ripped guys, just that my interests are largely fitness AND I work in fitness so I tend to mostly meet people from that world.
    I do 5/3/1 and study engineering. I am unfortunately not a douchebag...
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast