Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Guys: What should I wear on a date? page 6

wiltondeportes Guest
    Shop Now
    Answer the door naked, let him in, make dinner eventually, learn each other's ambitions and dreams. Problem solved.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    Diene, lets have a girl-date because that Civil War argument is one that I would LOVE to hash out over several glasses of wine. Fascinating.

I had actually seen the Ken burns doc before, but last year I found myself thinking a lot about the Civil War and wondering a) how Lincoln pulled off selling that war (unfortunately, I don't think "saving an indentured race" would really have been enough in that much less enlightened age), and b) how Lincoln managed to get around the Constitutional issues of such a war. So I rewatched the documentary and read Team of Rivals, and I still don't have very good answers to those questions, but I sure learned a hell of a lot more than I knew before.

Y'ALL. Guy wants to go on a second date, tonight. This time I'm thinking I'll go a little more casual... maybe leggings, boots, and a flowy top? I'm not accustomed to even wanting a second date, let alone going on one, so I have even less of an idea what to wear.

That would be fun!

I really think it was the Union thing--preserving it, you know. Also, he only had to sell it to Congress (whatever was left of it) so even though, back then, most people identified with their states more than they did with the United States and probably wouldn't care much if some states seceded, I think it would have been much easier to sell it to members of Congress.

Regarding the constitutional issues--I don't know, but presidents always manage to get around the constitutional issues. You could probably find out how he justified it by reading some history books. It would just make me angry though.

I think leggings, boots, and a flowy top sounds nice! But, like RM said, he might get handsy. Actually, that depends on the guy.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Handsy = the whole point, guys. I'm a red-blooded American female, after all.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Wear a turtleneck and poodle skirt. Only the elite will enter.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Then I think you've chosen your second date outfit quite appropriately. Good luck to you both.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456