Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Guys: What should I wear on a date? page 5

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Does that mean I'm too young for you then? DAMN

(I'm nearly 32? )
    Hey, sometimes I buy a green banana with the knowledge that it'll be ripe soon enough. Don't count yourself out just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Hmmmm.....here I though I was too old for you. Maybe not

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    Figured I should update-- I ended up wearing a sleeveless purple dress with sandals and my hair down. No idea what he thought of my outfit, but the date went great! Definite non-douche! Thank goodness.

I think I should clarify that it's not that I'm attracted to dbags, it's that a) I seem to attract/encourage them, and b) people I know set me up with them a lot. They go, "oh, I know this guy at my office who works out! You work out! It's a great match!"

I've been going on pretty much exclusively first dates all year. Because I know within ten seconds if the guy is going to be able to converse at the level I need, or if he's going to have opinions that are going to make me want to punch him. (I once had a date who said he was a really big Civil War buff--which, cool, I'm into history as well--and then went on to "teach" me very condescendingly about how the whole thing could have been avoided if Lincoln had just bought all the slaves from the South and set them free. And this was one of the smarter first dates I've had.)
    Awwwww ;(

I once had a date with a guy who PRETENDED he was a doctor. I started talking biochem and... Well. That was that.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Glad your date went well!

M.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalPumpkin View Post
    Don't discount the younger men. I thought no way in heck I would date a younger man but I gave it a try. He ended up being very smart and mature. Sometimes too mature. I ended up married to a 70 year old man trapped in a very hot 28 year old's body. I am 36.
    I like the older ones. My BF is 62. I'm 48. I just went backpacking for 2 weeks and the youngest guy in our group was 60, the oldest 63. At one point I turned to the 63-year old in our group and told him, "Yoshi, you are like a giant boy!" Because he was like an 11-year-old trapped inside a 63-year-old's body (a body that actually seemed stronger and younger than a lot of 22-year-old's.) In fact, all of them are like big giant boys, really. Immature, silly, needing someone to wipe their mouths with a napkin now and then.

Figured I should update-- I ended up wearing a sleeveless purple dress with sandals and my hair down. No idea what he thought of my outfit, but the date went great! Definite non-douche! Thank goodness.
    Congratulations on the date! I can't remember the last time when I've ever just gone on a date, but I do remember how nerve-wracking it is. Glad it worked out well.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Glad it went well Heatseeker!

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post

Lol! When I saw this, I thought, you mean like RichMahogany?
    Well well. It would appear that me and RM are meant to be! He does martial arts, I already dress the way he likes, and we hang out in the same places. I'm willing to forgo the beard and his questionable diet if he can accept my age. We all have to make compromises.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Leida is offline Senior Member
    +1, congrats on a good date and a purple dress, HS
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

ELizabeth826 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    I'm not a dude, but I worked as a stylist so I got this question a lot.

Always wear an old favorite (not too trendy, something classic) rather than a new dress/outfit. You need to troubleshoot your outfit (ie. if it rides up constantly, if there is tons of static, if it wrinkles easily, etc. etc.) before a date.

I always wear a t-shirt dress that's kind of clingy, one piece of jewelry, and heels (unless we are walking a ton...in which case some cute oxfords). Simple, not FASHUN, but you made an effort.

Hair down.
    This is great advice. You want to look like yourself, but the best version of yourself. My first date outfits are:
    Always a dress on a first date, even in winter (tights!) unless you are going hiking or something. But make it a simple dress, form fitting or follows the lines of the body, but not skimpy.
    A bit of make up. Most of the time when a guy says he doesn’t like when a woman wears make up what he means is he doesn’t like it when he can TELL that she is wearing make up.
    Mid height heels. I’m shortish and I wearing heels makes me feel sexy and confidant. But I want to be comfortable as well. Plus really high heels may set off a "high maintenance" alarm. (I’ve worn flats on dates as well, particularly flat riding boots in winter weather)
    Hair definitely down. Pretty much no exceptions.
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Diene, lets have a girl-date because that Civil War argument is one that I would LOVE to hash out over several glasses of wine. Fascinating.

I had actually seen the Ken burns doc before, but last year I found myself thinking a lot about the Civil War and wondering a) how Lincoln pulled off selling that war (unfortunately, I don't think "saving an indentured race" would really have been enough in that much less enlightened age), and b) how Lincoln managed to get around the Constitutional issues of such a war. So I rewatched the documentary and read Team of Rivals, and I still don't have very good answers to those questions, but I sure learned a hell of a lot more than I knew before.

Y'ALL. Guy wants to go on a second date, tonight. This time I'm thinking I'll go a little more casual... maybe leggings, boots, and a flowy top? I'm not accustomed to even wanting a second date, let alone going on one, so I have even less of an idea what to wear.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    maybe leggings, boots, and a flowy top?
    If you wore this on a second date with me, I'd be getting handsy before the night is over. Do you want him to get handsy?

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Good luck on the second date!!! Eek!!
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast